Do Facebook "Friends" That Constantly Brag, Irritate You?

by minimus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

With so many different ways to stay in touch, I've noticed that some people focus in on their favorite communication mode to exclude almost any other. For example, when I moved to my remote mountain community, I wanted to get in touch with an old friend who "only" lived 200 KMS away. Practically in our backyard! I tried Facebook; she hardly ever visits there. I tried her phone number; no answer. Finally in desperation, I facebooked her daughter (a total Facebook fiend and keeps me going in Candy Crush) and asked her how to get in touch. "Oh, mom never answers the phone but she loves text. Here's her number." I texted her and within minutes, we were reunited!

I had access to the daughter's Facebook account because in a flurry of connectedness, I "friended" my children's friends and friends. Pretty well all the young adults who grew up together.

I would have never got in touch if it weren't for Facebook/text.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

When I had my facebook I would get irritated at one friend of mine who was a vegan.

• zimunzucz
    zimunzucz

My teenager got an F on an algebra test last week- I mockingly said, "be sure and post that grade on your Facebook page- we don't want your friends (she hasn't physically met most of them) thinking your life is perfect" . I have tried to explain that Facebook is a huge time killer and a better name for it is Fakebook.

• minimus
    minimus

I couldn't take it anymore!

This particular irritant posted a selfie of herself in her bedroom with black pushup bra and short shorts announcing she's 8 months pregnant to day, with a perfect shot of her belly.

I've blocked her from having to see this sort of thing for a while.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit