On a Scale of 1 to 10---How Devoted Were You To Being One of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

The strength of my faith seemed to be a 10 for a long time, but looking back I was quite the underachiever for some reason. Had no desire to reach out or to spend time in the ministry. Maybe because I am introverted, but that hasn't stopped other JWs from becoming pioneers, elders, etc. I also led a double life in my own quiet way, and pushed the "conscience" envelope quite far with entertainment. So I think in hindsight I was probably a 5.

• ed60
    ed60

It varied. Depended on how scared or guilty they'd made me feel during any given week and on how organised I'd forced myself to be to be a good slave.

• Wasanelder Once
  • Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i was a 10. That's why i left.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

hmm well at the time I would have said a 10 but looking back I was never very passionate about it and it was alays a struggle rather than a joy.

• Fernando
    Fernando

Devoted - 8.

Deceived - 8.

Blinded - 8.

Ignorant - 8.

Conflicted - from 2 in the beginning to 10 in the end.

Captive of a Concept - from 9 in the beginning to 0 in the end.

Liberated - from 2 in the beginning to 10 in the end.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

althought there were brief periods when I was a 10. I think I mostly sat around a 5-8. It was around the time that I got a private reprof, ( something I deeply regret confiding in elders over), that I started looking into the organization via the internet. 9 months later I walked out of the KH for the last time.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

11/10

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

I was always a 1. My dad hated the Witnesses, and he poisoned the whole religion for me so I ran away as fast as I could at age 21 without getting baptised; although I still believed a lot of it...

• Badfish
    Badfish

Maybe 2 or 3. I was a born-in, but never got baptized. The indroctrination from birth slowly faded the older I got.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit