On a Scale of 1 to 10---How Devoted Were You To Being One of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It Veried as I Got Older..

child-10

teenager-5

adult-0

Eventually I Had To Leave..

.........................................................I Never Returned To WBT$ FantasyLand..

.............................................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• minimus
    minimus

I feel bad for those that go back because of family considerations.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

On a scale of one to ten, I was probably a 6 on a good day. That's because I refused to quit my full-time job and "pioneer" and I also get a bad rating for not allowing myself to be targeted by all the users looking for single women to do favors.

I certainly wasn't giving up a real job in order to make chump change just so that I could knock on more doors. I always felt to myself that I made enough concessions to be in the religion, but I wasn't pursuing poverty just so people there would like me better. No way.

These people weren't paying my bills so I had no interest in what their opinion of me was. Now, I am glad I am not around there being pestered by people with hard-luck stories.

• minimus
    minimus

LHG, you weren't easily fooled!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Minimus:

Yeah, but I still wasted too damn much time there. I should have walked ten years earlier than I did.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

As a young teen: 10

As an older teen: 5 (Got to dabbling in other things, like beer & pu$$y)

As an young married: 3 Too busy with life

As a young father: 10 Going to give our kids the "best way of life"

As a young MS: 11

As an new elder: 12 Wholeheartedly did it 110%

As a ladder climber: 20 Good at playing the insider game

As a notsonew elder: 6 Could no longer take the BS insider politics

As a conscious class: .5 Got family in so gotta smile and fake it (as little as possible)

Doc

• minimus
    minimus

amazing how we might have so many ups and downs before we decide to flee.

• SafeAtHome
    SafeAtHome

I was 10 or so when my parents came in, last of my dads family to do so. I was never thrilled or zealous about it, I would say maybe a 2 or 3 on my best days. Got baptized at 21 so I could get married in the Kingdom Hall. After 12 years when my marriage broke up I faded very quickly with no thoughts other than feeling a burden lifted. Then married a nonWitness and have never looked back. Until recently had no issues with family, but recently the shunning has started. My parents are both gone now, and my attitude is "to h#!! with narrow minded cousins who are wasting their lives in a cult. I was always embarrassed to admit that I was a JW.

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

In the 80s as a teenager - 10

In the 90s as an reg aux pioneer - 10

In the 00s post Bethel - 4

2010 overlapping nonsense - 2

2013 - 0 (wife and I fade)

- 10. That's a negative ten . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit