On a Scale of 1 to 10---How Devoted Were You To Being One of Jehovah's Witnesses?

by minimus 72 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

As I grew up in the religion, I was a 10. I wanted to be made a "servant" because that was instilled in me from infancy. I diligently studied ever piece of Watchtower literature and defended my religion intensely.

When I got into my 30's, I started to see little cracks in the Watchtower's surface but decided to "wait on Jehovah". Then I started to research a little more critically and realized I couldn't defend the prophecies, the treatment of people and the hypocrisy that was becoming more obvious, that especially an elder can see.

It was a gradual thing---from a 10 to a ZERO!

What about you??

• new hope and happiness
  • new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

minnimus that question is like asking a person how many positions they know.

A. One

B.sixty nine

answer One and Sixty nine.

• designs
    designs

10 to zero, exactly.

By 1969, after seeing Fred Franz live it was down to 8, then 1975 and it was 6, 1980s and the witch hunts 4, 1995 and the Generation change 2, personal committee meetings against me 0. In 2000- exit.

• minimus
    minimus

It's amazing that you can be so zealous for a belief or cause, then totally turn your back.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Absolute 10.

I never sought a position because I saw through the politics of it. I wanted to focus on the ministry even though I hated knocking on doors. Still, I thought that was where Jehovah wanted me.

It's amazing that you can be so zealous for a belief or cause, then totally turn your back.

That fact still leaves me scratching my head sometimes.

• sspo
    sspo

1975 10+

2007.... -10

• new hope and happiness
    new hope and happiness

minimus " its amazing you can be so zelouse for a beliefe then turn your back" i call it passion, have you ever been in love?

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

About a 9/10 until 2006 then 3/4.

• minimus
    minimus

yup, been in love and outta

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit