Now predicting increase of anointed?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• blondie
    blondie

Beginning of WTS, increase of anointed expected to fill out the 144,000 by 1914.

With increase approaching 95,000 in 1925 and with the end not in sight as expected. Many "anointed" left dropping to 25,000 in 3 years. Then the rewriting of the past and saying that the unnumbered great crowd would increase as the anoinnted decreased culminating in 1935 doctrine. The increase in that quote is still referring to the great crowd not the anointed. The WTS counters that increase of the anointed as they are not all "real" or "genuine."

*** w12 1/15 p. 7 par. 14 True Christians Respect God’s Word ***

In a parable, Jesus indicated that from the first century onward, there would always be some genuine anointed Christians on the earth. He compared them to “wheat” growing among “

*** w12 8/15 p. 18 A Meeting Marked by Unity and Thrilling Plans ***

Brother Splane pointed out that in an illustration, Jesus indicated that there would continue to be genuine anointed Christians on earth to defend the truth. (Matt. 13:24-30)

weeds.” (Matt. 13:30)

• done4good
    done4good

Hmmmm... That would make sense as to why they changed the F&DS from all anointed to just the GB.

I agree with that.

• metatron
    metatron

It's ambigious even with the past tense. I would argue that they're hedging their bets. Ask yourself, why bring it up at all?

Facade maintenance is always job number 1

metatron

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

[Had a rethink.]

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

Just before I left, I mentioned to an ex-elder that the number of memorial partakers had gone up again.

His explanation? 'Memorial partakers are not necessarily anointed. Nothing to worry about, it's just over enthusiastic black people coming into the truth in African countries who are either ignorant of what appropriate behaviour is, or who find it difficult to give up their old Christendom ways.'

So there you go. Problem solved!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Actually, I'm starting to agree with Island Man and others now, who say that the statement was simply referring to the how the organization started with only the anointed ones, and then expanded with the great crowd. The key question is whether "The increase continues" refers to the increase in the anointed remnant or the whole religion, and I think now that it's referring to the latter.

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

In my opinion, it doesn't matter how arrogant the FDS are, they realise that changing the understanding of the 144,000 from literal to symbolic, would be too much for many to accept, without losing a lot of credibility.

Their answer seems to be... don't write about the memorial partaker increase.

Many rank & file either won't notice, or they won't see the increase as that significant.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I agree that it is ambiguous. Just like, " Will this be are last Memorial?" LOL!! Whatever they do, the will NOT allow anyone outside of World Headquarters to have any input. That will never happen. In truth, they can do whatever they want, print whatever they want, change whatever they want. It's a cult, remember?

They can wait five years and say that the GB are appointed over the "belongings" after all! Then that would be "The Truth" that all dubs must preach. Now all Christians are domestics. So what? What has really changed? Nothing. That was a fake promotion, a title without a raise. It's a typical corporate tactic, NOTHING has changed.

After thinking about it, they could say that the 144,000 is symbolic in some sense. They don't even have to really explain it yet. If I was the mythical GB/FDS, here is what I would do.

1) Announce the symbolic nature of the 144,000. Make sure to hype it up, like the "ten toes." Then explain nothing, like the "ten toes." Just plant the idea that the Great 8 know something...

2) Wait. The more oldsters that die, the better. I don't know about your DC, but we are running out of room in the Elderly and infirm section. The oldtimers are dropping right and left. Many are in the 80's and 90's. In another 5-10 years they will go the way of the Dodo bird. In the meantime, the uneducated 3rd world numbers are growing.

3) Unleash the blinding nu-light at an AGM! It's like Jesus himself is speaking! The glow from Splane's head is like the Shekinah, filling the house with glory!! Announce that the 144,000 is a symbolic number. It symbolizes the unknown, but complete number of those with the heavenly hope. Who are they? Only Jehovah knows, and his spirit bears witness with thier spirit. Here is the tricky part...

4) Admit that the Disciples were partaking BEFORE Holy Spirit was poured out upon them at the meeting of Pentacost 33 ce. Say that the New covenant and the Kingdom covenant are different. Then say that all JWs should partake. Jehovah will worry about the rest. Also, slightly increase the "Jesus factor" since this is a major point of contention with outsiders and possible converts. Think how great this would look on JW.ORG..

The benefits for the WTBTS are as follows:

1) Mystical manipulation factor increases.

2) The facade of being "progressive" is reinforced!

3) Morale boosted like NEVER before in history!

4) Memorial attendance skyrockets!!

5) Donations increase! $$$$$

They gain everything, but lose nothing. They can still use the same old thought-stopping phrases like, "genuine anointed" and "true Christian." Then can still label and control the flock with terms like, "false disciple" and "apostate." The GB doesn't have to share power with anyone. They can quite simply get rid of anyone they want, especially any partaker who doesn't agree with them. Since they are still the FDS, and have just reinforced thier awesomeness, this is the perfect time to clean house!

Any who partake and have problems with the ORG will fade away, or be df'd under the blanket of "brazen conduct." What is "brazen conduct?" Why, disagreeing with the GB or the Elders, of course! The WTBTS inc. could eliminate dissenters quite easily with this method, and they lose nothing. In fact, with the increase of the spirit-directed awesomeness of the GB, the sheeple will trust them even more! So any who leave or get df'd must have deserved it! After all, in thier new timeline, the righteous ones will shine like the sun. There will be a clear demarcation between those who follow the Organization and the "weeds." So in review:

The Pro's:

1) Trust in the GB/FDS increases.

2) Trust in the spirit-directed/progressive Organization increases.

3) Memorial attendance increases and seem less cultish and more Jesus oriented.

4) Increased attendance/ partaking with a good "Jesus" feeling = more members! More members = more $$$.

5) The sheeple WILL OBEY without question. There may be a couple sheep who pause and look up, wondering what that bright round thingy in the sky is, but they will be few and far between. They will go back to munching on the regurgitated nonsense of the WT magazine.

6) Control is still maintained. In fact, it's easier! ONLY "false disciples" would oppose such a loving adjustment of truth this late in the game! Who else but Satan and his human cohorts would oppose the partaking of the bread and wine! [ Never mind that the WT did it for so long...] Those who play ball can stay. Those who rush ahead of the chariot get the axe of "brazen conduct" and will seemingly deserve it. The WTBTS buys themselves decades and business as usual carries on, probably better than ever.

Con's:

1) If GOD is watching. The WTBTS will seal thier fate by this diabolical, yet brilliant move. Otherwise, there is no downside.

DD

• jgnat
    jgnat

It could simply be a matter pf they have to do a little mental gymnastics every time they bring up one of Jesus' promises. According to WT doctrine, these are for the anointed only. So first, they bring up this little number (paradoxically increasing) and then by reflection, allow it also for the "other sheep".

• alanv
    alanv

Totally agree with bobcat on this. It is nothing new at all. All they are saying is that earlier in the 20th century the annointed were growing and now it is the great crowd that is growing. Period

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit