Now predicting increase of anointed?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

Nah. This WT writer is skillfull at ambiguous double-speak. This is my translation, for what it's worth.

At one time, the anointed remnant were like “the little one,” but their number grew as other spiritual Israelites were brought into God’s organization. [We acknowledge that many anointed have been added in recent years. Their number grew, past tense. No more growing, present tense]

Because of Jehovah’s blessing over the years, the increase continues with the gathering of the great crowd....[And we are putting all readers on notice that we do not want this increase of the remnant to continue. So get with the program of great crowd increasing and not the number of anointed.]

• smiddy
    smiddy

I`LL put my money on the biggest increase ever of partakers at this years memorial attendance , and the "new light that 144,000 is a symbolic number "

The" spin" the G.B. / writing Dept. do on failed prophecys , rationalised into nu-lite , puts politicians to shame.

Anybody contemplating a political career should study the "spins" the G.B. have done these past 130+ years .

It should be a mandatory course for budding politicians.

smiddy

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hey jgnat adds new meaning to the expression 'if you can't beat them join them'!

Good find.

• prologos
    prologos

In the February 2009 wt, page 27 par. 13 Wt writers called the "--remnant of spirit-anointed Christians -PART OF "the Israel of God" Gal 6:16--" so with clever lawyer quotes this could be construed to open the way for the OTHER part of the 'Israel of God' to be the TWELVE Tribes. But so far wt writers have always, consistently (to quote them) maintained that these twelve tribes are the earthly class.-" --mankind OUTSIDE that heavenly ruling class-- wt August 15, 2009 page 8 par.4.

it's convoluted, but the damocles sword will cut this gordian knot of this knotty problem sooner or later.

remember the 'vox popoli vox dei' event in 1935, when increased membership prompted the invention of the non-partaking 'great crowd of OS',

may be it is time for wt to look at the numbers again and declare all 'christians' spiritual Israelites and invite all to partake, if not under the bloody moon this year, but later. like the end, it is always later not sooner.

The GB always re-acting to unforseen events.

• jam
    jam

So the increase means replacements for those who were not

worthy?? At the rate they are going, all 144000 will be replaced

in a few years.

• prologos
    prologos

jam, no, they squelched that idea, it would have really meant that all the old ones were in the JUDAS class.

come to think of it sometimes wt writers had the truth.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I'm actually shocked to see them back peddle on this , and yet I know I shouldn't be surprised "___ Apognophos

Where did you think Micheal Jackson learned the Moon Walk

• jam
    jam

Thanks prologos, "they squelched that idea". I have been out of

the borg a long time. LOL

• jam
    jam

They have no shame in their game.

• humbled
    humbled

LOL, wasblind!

Maeve