Now predicting increase of anointed?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

At my last years Memorial, we had a speaker from bethel, he was very determined to let everyone know that you were not worthy to partake. So if anything they will continue this hard line and tell everyone that those that partake are newbies that don't know any better yet or mental ones that have a screw loose.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I was wondering what that rattling sound was in my head. (See here. I'm one of the crazies. )

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

At one time, the anointed remnant were like “the little one,” but their number grew as other spiritual Israelites were brought into God’s organization. (Gal. 6:16)

How many times do we see this expression "spiritual Israelites" used like this in Watchtower publications to suggest there is some kind of separate class, and yet it is a term never once found in scripture.?

The "Israel of God" at Galatians 6:16 is simply a reference to all true Christians. http://biblehub.com/commentaries/galatians/6-16.htm

• Perry
    Perry

The real nonsense here is the use of the word "remnant". A remnant is what is left over from something. But here they admit that the remnant grew. They are trying to correlate the growth of historical Christian believers with the growth of Watchtower Publishers.

They are growing a false class of new-covenant-rejecting-believers that was never even mentioned in the New Testament scriptures and trying to say that it is an inevitable historical reality, proved by the historical growth of real Christian believers who DID accept the New Covenant.

Here, this diligent elder is seen helping a weak publisher get his thinking readjusted after questioning the logic and sanity of rejecting Christ as his Mediator as the Watchtower teaches is necessary for the Great Crowd.

• prologos
    prologos

perry, the benefit of the new covenant is the forgiveness of sins, return to the pre-fall edenic condition.

The heavenly rulers have to reject, sacrifice that benefit, everlasting life on earth in favor of the heavenly calling, immortality, like Jesus did.

revelation book page 100, par.4.

there are two kinds of new-covenant rejecting believers among JW Wt adherents,

1) the socalled remnant, rejecting 'perfection on earth' for the upward call , and

2) the wrongly called 'other sheep' passers-on of the 'everlasting life giving emblems'.

caveat, the whole thing, like the talking snake might be snake oil.

• Ding
    Ding

Crazyguy said they are stressing that people shouldn't partake.

Still the number goes up and up.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hello there Ding

If that religion ain't the Antichrist I don't know what is

They Not only actively shun the blood of Christ but the Cross of salvation too

And......as we all know

They introduce themselves as bein' witnesses of another instead of the Christ

Antichrist

" Definition: Antichrist means against or instead of the Christ "____Reasoning book page 32

By thier own definition they prove to be what they are

Edit to add : They most definitely go against ACTS 1:8

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

It is a movement they made some years ago already... they came with some "new light" when the numbers started increasing but when they discovered the increase actually would mean a shitload of original anointed guys/gals to sin against the spirit they had to give a other explanation in time... which they are now doing.

Good catch jgnat but I think that most dubbers will not read as closely :(

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I ran across a rumor on the Topix forum for JWs last week that stated some Bethelite whispered that this summer's DC would announce NuLite TM that 144,000 is a symbolic number. Maybe that's why there are so many video tie-ins this year?

Again, just pure speculation based on the oh-so-reliable internet rumor mill.

• steve2
    steve2

Well it's been increasing for years and it's not a confidence-building tactic to caution against the growth of something that keeps going up and up and up. So if you can't beat 'em, make it seem like a spirit-directed increase...you may even come across as having forseen the continued increase. Spiritual light is dazzling in its self-serving creativity.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit