Now predicting increase of anointed?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Perry:

I posted a little here about the background of the origin of the WT's "anointed remnant" idea.

Take Care

• QueenWitch
    QueenWitch

reminds me of how in the novel 1984, all the stuff written in the past was edited to match with the present.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bobcat is too modest to quote himself. I'll re-post his material.

As a side thought to Ann's post, the WT's coined phrase, "anointed remnant," is pure nonsense, built on the false idea of there only being a few "anointed Christians" among many so-called "non-anointed Christian companions," and a misuse of the term "remaining ones" from Revelation 12:17.

Acts 2:38, 39 says that God calls prospective Christians to 'repent and be baptized in the name of Christ.' And if they accept that 'calling,' they are 'given the free gift of the spirit.'

In distorted WT-speak, all are called to 'repent and be baptized.' But after that, only a very few are given the free gift of the spirit. So the WT stands at the doors, so to speak, and confiscates the free gift that all are supposed to be given.

But back to "anointed remnant," the WT draws the "remnant" part from their reading of Revelation 12:17, "remaining ones." But the word rendered "remaining" in Rev 12:17 does not mean the same as english "remnant." "Remnant" in english refers to a few leftovers. "Remaining ones" in Rev 12:17 means "the rest," and most often in Revelation means the majority (the only exception being 8:13, where it is 3/7s).

Here are all the occurances in Revelation: 2:24; 3:2; 8:13; 9:20; 11:13; 12:17; 19:21; 20:5.

In 2:24 and 3:2 its hard to tell percentage wise how many 'the rest' / 'remaining' are.

In 8:13 it is 3/7s.

In 9:20 it is 2/3s.

In 11:13 it is 9/10s.

In 19:21 and 20:5 it is the vast majority.

If you ever get a chance to peruse a Greek concordance, you'll see that throughout the NT the word (especially when speaking of people) is usually, if not always, used to refer to the majority. Thus, in Rev 12:15-17, the dragon's 'flood' only succeeds in killing some of the woman's seed. So he goes off to wage war with the majority who survived his 'flood.'

The WT tosses around the term "anointed remnant" because for all practical purposes it means "Us, the GB, your leaders, to whom everyone else owes allegience." Yet there is not a lick of Biblical support for their phrase. If there were only a "remnant of anointed Christians" left, then the prophecy Paul cited in Galatians 4:27 (quoting from Isa 54:1) would have miserably failed.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

A possibility I have wondered about the 144,000 and the other sheep......Could the 144,000 represent those from the BLOOD LINE of Abraham? And the other sheep are non israelites? I know JW's incorrectly teach that israelites are done for, yet Romans 11, it reveals a sacred secret, that israels blindness is only until the full number of gentiles join, THEN they get the blindness removed.

• prologos
    prologos

EoM yes the OS are non -Israelites going back to Cornelius.

12 tribes of the 144k do not match the original listS, therfore can have spiritual, personality connotaions.

desire for prominence is a hard to readicate trait. if there is heavenly hierarchy, obviously the 144 k would be tops, since they follow christ where ever he goes. and

the Apostles and their female backers vied for first places in that group right off the bat. and of course

WT writers babble about the 'anointed' when in connection with the 144 000 the word is "SEALED".

• belbab
    belbab

Jgnat's quote from the WT is not the first time the gov body has tried to increase the number of anointed. About six years ago a poster name "Cyberguy" quoted an enigmatic paragraph from a WT mag that seemed to indicate the WT was trying to increase the number of anointed ones. I posted on the subject but no one caught on. No one replied. That year the number of anointed did rise. Here is a link to the thread that will lead you to "Cyberguy's" initial thread. I hope it works.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/social/current/153098/1/WT-Orchestrates-annual-anointed-numbers

I hope it works.

belbab

• Perry
    Perry

Excellent research Bobcat.

The "other sheep" that Jesus casually mentioned when he spoke to the Jews was fairly quickly revealed shortly after Jesus left the earth. Of those, he said, "those also I must bring".

Paul, by the Holy Spirit, elaborated on this statement and revealed just EXACTLY who the "other sheep" were:

1 Cor. 12;13 - For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

NO WHERE in the New Testament is there a picture of anyone being saved from judgment by any other means EXCEPT by the New Covenant. ALL "drink into one spirit"; First offered to the Jew, and then to all Gentiles..... the "other sheep".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit