Now predicting increase of anointed?

by jgnat 56 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jgnat
    jgnat

I came across this nugget in the May 2014 issue:

"Are you moving ahead with Jehovah's Organization"

....At one time, the anointed remnant were like “the little one,” but their number grew as other spiritual Israelites were brought into God’s organization. (Gal. 6:16) Because of Jehovah’s blessing over the years, the increase continues with the gathering of the great crowd....

Does this mean the WTS is now embracing the rising anointed numbers as...expected?

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Well their actions have always been reactions, so it follows they are "adjusting" to fit the current and future trend. Adjustments are embraced by the "friends" aren't they?

• Ding
    Ding

I wouldn't be surprised to see "new light" that 144,000 is symbolic.

The 12 12,000s that compose it already are, according to the WT...

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I don't know...??? Is the GB/FDS power grab strong enough to withstand every Tom, Dick and Andre' thinking that they have an opinion?? The GB would have another erroneous teaching added to the already huge list. First, the calling ended, then they can't say, then the label partakers as imbalanced, then the new Memorial outline saying " DON'T PARTAKE!!"

They have even said under "spirit-direction"..err..ahem...that the decrease of partakers is a sign of the END getting close. So now after all that, and the human apostate talk, and the constant letters from anointedjw.org, they are just gonna say, " The 144,00 is evidently symbolic?" I don't know.. Maybe the 144,000 is symbolic, BUT it's symbolic of the members of the FDS and their John the baptist like forerunners. All the other anointed domestics are part of the Great Crowd of domestics. The 144,000 are rewarded with special roles in heaven, the rest of the anointed domestics..not so much, still they go to heaven. Then they will say that we should not be dogmatic. LOL!! Whatever they do, it won't have anything to do with losing power, that much we know.

DD

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Wow, nice catch jgnat. I'm actually a bit shocked right now to see them backpedal on this, and yet I know I shouldn't be surprised.

• A.proclaimer
    A.proclaimer

Maybe they realized their efforts to discourage new partakers failed. Since the numbers have grown despite them saying that some were "mentally or emotionalky imbalanced" 3 years ago, there's no way to brush it off. If you can't beat them, join them. Plus writing another statement like they did before might just cause more people to question. I think the partake numbers will rise because its 100 years since 1914. After that it might drop similar to what happened in 1975.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep, they will spin the increase and JWs will think that's always been the teaching. Happened with overlapping generations.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

I haven't seen the context in the WT but I don't think this is new. I think what they are saying is that early in the 20th century anointed numbers grew as they were gathered into the WT organization A few grew to thousands. Then the increase continued with the gathering of the great crowd.

• bennyk
    bennyk

....At one time, the anointed remnant were like “the little one,” but their number grew as other spiritual Israelites were brought into God’s organization. (Gal. 6:16) Because of Jehovah’s blessing over the years, the increase continues with the gathering of the great crowd....

I supect it is simply poorly phrased and that they are actually referring to the increase in the number of members of "God's [earthly] Organisation", which increase is primarily due to the increase of the supposed Great Crowd (--Or did they mean "Other Sheep"?--)... On the other hand, in the past the Society often stated things ambiguously to run ideas as a trial balloon before committing to a doctrine; they could then "clarify" in a Question from Readers article.

• Skinnedsheep
    Skinnedsheep

Yeah I saw this and thought they are going to drop it. When was the last time 144,000 was mentioned? I bet that is the new light this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit