A big hello and thank you

by iwasblind 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• truthseeker100
    truthseeker100
    You can fake it for family for a while. I could not even imagine what it must be like to be a pioneer and presiding overseer all while knowing TTAT. Eventually for you and your wife a decision will have to be made.about how you are going to escape. Otherwise your stillin family will be visiting you and your wife at a mental institution.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Welcome. And although I am an atheist I am glad you found something that helped you cope with the jw madness.
  • iwasblind
    iwasblind

Wow thank you all so much for your wonderful messages. I am not sure I can reply to everyone but will try. I did not expect so much support - it means alot.

I just wanted to reply to KateWild first because I know the rough path you have had in the false. I remember listening to your audio recordings with admiration for your courage.

I just wanted to clarify, I have not been awake for 2 years. The July WT shook us, and because we have 40 yrs of indoctrination from childhood, it was a long time before we were fully awake. You know, you go back and forth and feel like you are insane sometimes. We researched a lot, because our trust was shaken we took it slow.

Also, I thought we could make a difference from within - but I am doubting that now. We are finding it increasingly difficult. In the ministry we only teach people from the bible now so that is ok.

At the moment we have decided to fade, and it will be this year - unless God has other plans.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    Welcome to the forum. Welcome to the rest of your life. Please get outta there and enjoy it.
  • iwasblind
    iwasblind

Hi stuckinarut - we are from down under.

Splash and Phizzy - thank you for your comments.

Bonsai - I totally get that about the yoke. We have been trying to turn people to Jesus' yoke while we have been here. My cobe days are numbered.

• LHS123
    LHS123

It's so nice to read of active elders here who are waking up to injustices and falsehoods in the organisation (at least they should be kinder on their way out) - but also so refreshing to see that we don't have to let that destroy our faith entirely. I really respect the atheists/agnostics out there, they've done their research and made a conscientious choice, but for me I think I want to continue to believe, basing my faith on the teachings and example of Jesus and not what some humans tell me to do/not to do.

I am very early in my 'doubting', I'm not sure right now where I'll end up - if I'll keep attending in some fashion, for family (husband unfortunately is blind as blind can be) or if I'll go inactive quite quickly. What I do know is that already I am finding such mental relief from the fog clearing and letting go of the guilt, anxiety, and people-pleasing that we are coerced into feeling in this organisation. If I want to say thank you to God/Jesus/Jehovah for a lovely day, a nice meal, or for my family - or if I want to read some verses from the Bible - I'll do so because I want to and in private, I will no longer feel I HAVE to do a certain amount of hours or attend a certain amount of meetings EVER AGAIN! hooray!

• done4good
    done4good

Welcome. Take your time, and don't feel pressured to make any uncomfortable changes too quickly.

d4g

• Ruby456
    Ruby456
    welcome iwasblind. Glad you found Christ - he is pivotal in so many ways - particularly as a source of strength, inspiration and familiarity during this difficult time of trial for you and your wife. I think yo will enjoy being here.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Thanks iwasblind for your reply and for listening to my story. Well done for making the decision to fade within a year....it will be difficult but we are here to support you.

Remember you have eachother too.

Take good care

Kate xx

• Magnum
    Magnum

Hey! I'm at work now, so got to be quick. Glad you joined. Can really relate to what you said. Very interesting; would love to know more about the waking up process for you and your wife. Would also like to know more about your feelings now. I'm still shocked at the realization that what I once thought was so right can be so wrong.

I'm going to PM you when I get a chance, so be on the lookout for a PM.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit