A big hello and thank you

by iwasblind 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012
    Welcome aboard Iwasblind. You have been given some great advice. You and your wife have an interesting journey ahead.
  • flipper
    flipper
    IWASBLIND- It's so nice to have you here. Don't feel bad about being deceived- WT leaders deceived ALL of us. We are here as a support to you and your wife. I was a born-in too, got out at age 44 over 11 years ago. There IS a positive life after exiting the JW cult- believe me. You folks will do fine. We are here for you. Take care, both of you- Peace out, Mr. Flipper
  • Butyoucanneverleave
    Butyoucanneverleave
    Welcome to the club! It gets better every day. But man it's hell in the beginning. It's also a lot easier when you and your spouse are on the same page. One less thing to fret over.
  • richgirl
    richgirl
    Welcome iwasblind!! I am new to this forum too. also from down under....New Zealand in fact. (I posted as rupunzelsawake at jwstruggle) Boy, you really have your work cut out for you...It must be very difficult to maintain the facade and at the same time be true to yourself. However, who knows how you might be able to help thinking ones in the congregation before you inevitably leave. I will look forward to updates from you on the forum. Blessings to you brother, and to your wife!
  • Tenacious
    Tenacious

Hello IWB,

I'm personally happy for your awakening. It's sickening when you see so many love ones who have become walking drones of the GB. I'm still in but mentally out. I make it to a meeting here and there mostly to appease my family. I hope to one day break free completely with entire family. It's not going to be easy but I can see it happening with the concerted effort I've put in so far. It's hard to sit through talks riddled with so many lies that is aimed at keeping everyone in submission to the WTS.

Welcome and please continue healing emotionally. Many good people on this board and many are willing to listen at anytime without criticism.

I wish you and your wife the very best.

• scary21
    scary21

I was a born in, never baptized, so I have no advice on fading. I still lived with fear and guilt for many many years until I learned TTATT.

I just want to give you a BIG WELCOME and tell you this place is full of.... LOVE....LEARNING...and LETTING people think.....the 3 L's

Sherry

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

You are in an enviable, and yet, incredibly, challenging situation.

Your luck in having your spouse at your side in this journey cannot be under-emphasized.

How to exit - gracefully, subtly, notably - it is a challenge with no perfect answer.

As I presently have the movie Alien running in the background, I am at the scene where Ripley has found Newt, and the queen is laying eggs.

Ripley hesitates, and then decides to toast those eggs.

Why?

One would presume to prevent other aliens from capturing and enslaving her fellows as Alien-progenerants.

Alien Lett (on behalf of "our mother") - "Baptize your pre-teens to us."

I want Ripley on my children's' side - "Get away from [them], you bitch."

Find a way, if you can, to save others.

Do they not deserve salvation?

• passwordprotected
    passwordprotected

Welcome! Your story reminds me very much of my own, and the time spent researching with my (ex)wife the lies we'd been brought up to believe.

Life Cofty, I too turned to "Jesus" after my exit, but once a mind has been opened its very hard to close it again and I applied the same critical thinking to what I was learning about "orthodox Christianity" as I'd done to the WTBTS and soon drifted away from any notion of formal, organised, traditional religion. And for the first time in my life, I have peace.

Good luck with your exit!

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Well done on your and your wife's awakening IWB, I'm genuinely happy for you! May I ask a question? You said;

We have been trying to turn people to Jesus' yoke . . .

Why?

I'm not going to be churlish and dump all over your introductory thread, it really was a pleasure to read, but please consider what you are doing.

Nic'

• KateWild
    KateWild

Iwasblind, it's nice to see you have plans and all exits should have a good plan to help you stay in control and do things your way. It's cathartic and helps you transition better.

Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit