A big hello and thank you

by iwasblind 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

A sincere and genuine Welcome!

What part of the world are you guys in if I may ask?

• Splash
    Splash

I still think it's incredible that when you are awake to how things really are, how different everything appears.

You see the WT articles, the people, the elders, the assemblies all in such a different light.

Seeing confirmation bias at work, refusal to entertain any thought apart from the current WT thought, fear and suspicions. How the nutty WT teachings are laughed about but in an "oh well, it must be right" sort of way.

Everything that drops from the GB's table is gobbled up in an effort to impress others and prove yourself more righteous, to gain more approval. It's all received with a hypnotic nod, a smile and "that makes sense" when it really makes no sense at all.

Labels, privileges, status, rank, standing, position. These are the spiritual goals that they work, work, work for.
    There is no depth, but the shallow veneers are constantly polished with talks, answers, underlining, and hours.

Oh! The hours! The single metric which drives this worldwide organisation and segregates everyone into their respective caste.

When you are a part of this machine you cannot see it, but step away for a moment and it's a fascinating lesson in fraud, self deception and vainglorious pursuits.

Welcome, iwasblind, I look forward to hearing your experiences as you and your wife fade from the WT system.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Hi ! and BIG WELCOME !

You are exactly where I was in 2007, I realised that the 1914 doctrine was simply not in the Bible, and decided right away that I could not go Door to Door and teach a falsehood.

Eventually I got a Shepherding call, the Elder who came, to find out why a former Pioneer and great F.S man had stopped going , left promising to return to build my faith in the 1914 nonsense. He never did.

From then on I started my journey out, helped at every stage when I needed it by the good friends here on JWN. Life just got better and better.

I have never been happier in my life, I am now free, free to be the real me.

Take advice on here as and when you need it, but be assured that every day you move further away from the mental prison of JWism the journey becomes easier, and life contains much more fun !

All the best to you and your wife for a wonderful future.

• Zoos
    Zoos

Okay, we're going to have to set up a field office to process all these new escapees.

Or are WE that field office?

Welcome out, bro!

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Welcome IWB: It's great that you've taken your first big step after waking up from your "sleeping".

Do some research on how others have managed their fades, and pick up some ideas, because I can promise you that the longer you remain in your position as someone "taking the lead", the more hellish your situation will become.

In your position, I'd suggest the best reasons for standing down would be for "personal & private reasons and the strains involved" which you will leave in Jehovah's hands - because it's the truth!

Look forward to your news & contributions!

• galaxie
    galaxie

Welcome...I am an atheist and felt no compulsion to seek god or jesus when I left the jws. My investigations into other forms of Christian worship or otherwise led me to realise that the jws were a part of and completely interlinked to the worldwide falsehood and deception of .. god head ..jesus..claimed human representation...reward..all achieved by conceding your absolute right to live your life without fear of failing to be worthy of reaching the standards set by some ancient dubious writings.

Best wishes.

• adjusted knowledge
    adjusted knowledge
    Welcome, being a lurker you know most will welcome you, but a few will condemn you being an active witness/elder/pioneer. I wish you the best, and have empathy for your situation.
  • KateWild
    KateWild

Welcome iwasblind, it's great that you both have come to realise the falsehood. But that was almost two years ago, you are both pioneering and you are still the cobe.....I don't understand how you do this. You are both in positions that you're teaching others something you don't believe.

I have belonged to two congregations and in both the cobe and his wife lorded their position over the flock and had all the best items during meetings and assembly's.

Do you feel the need to fade or stop going? Or will you continue to fake it for family?

Kate xx

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Welcome iwasblind. It is a rough journey but very well worth the effort. If you can fade successfully, life will get 100% better over time. We have been out for 2+ years. It's a much happier life. We always felt something just wasn't right and faded together. At least you have each other to lean on.

Keep us posted on your progress. There are alot of nice people on here that are or have been through what you are experiencing. We are here for you!

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

Thanks for posting. Your situation must be incredibly hard right now. Being still in and a COBE to boot must be like being a father to an extremely dysfunctional family that often hurts you, yet you love them which makes it hard to let go " of your flock."

In my case, for my own mental sanity, I walked away from it all - with my family in tow - months ago and never went back. It must still be a shock to many people in that circuit. I did it though, because the org. has to know that they are overstepping their authority and it will not be tolerated.

Jesus said, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls." (Matt. 11:29) I found no rest for my soul in that organization, just a cold, steel, rusting yoke that was breaking my spine and my mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit