A big hello and thank you

by iwasblind 71 Replies latest jw experiences

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

I just wanted to introduce myself and say a big hello to all of my mentally diseased friends.

I say friends because I have been lurking for some time so it feels like home (us lurkers are a bit scared and cautious so it takes a while)

I won't bore you with too many details, but I am a born in, currently serving as the cobe of a congregation. My wife and I have pioneered for the last 10 years and were shaken awake by that ridiculous 15th July 2013 WT about the generation and 1914.

My wife who is much smarter than me has questioned for years. We researched all of the old publications about 1914 and realized there was no evidence. How about that - could this group of men actually lie to us? :-)) Looking at the false with your eyes open makes you feel so stupid. We also hate what they are doing to victims of child abuse - it's disgusting that they will take ones to court - we should be paying them and helping them, not DFing them and making them relive the torment.

I know a lot here have turned away from God, but we feel that turning to Jesus been the single biggest factor in our finding peace after being in this stupid thing for over 40 years. This forum was also a large help along with jwfacts, cedars, jwstruggle and a bunch of other very giving and dedicated people.

At the moment it is very hard to stay in - I feel like a fraud. I thought I could help from within, but these people are so brainwashed, it is very hard to get through to them.

I am still not sure of how or when I will fade but I suppose we will stop pioneering at the nearest opportunity. Just about all of our families are in including cousins and the like. I am not sure if we will go out "with a bang" or not. I have noticed it does not seem to change anything, it just strengthens the resolve of those in.

Anyway, hope to share more on your posts too, but really want to say thank you to those on this forum and others who have really put themselves out there trying to help the entrapped.

• jhine
    jhine

Hello I was blind , thank you for sharing your story .

I can't give you advice about fading , but you know that many here can and will support you with that .

It is good that you have not thrown the baby out with the bathwater and rejected faith in Jesus , as your faith in the WT has faded . They are not Christians in any sense of the word and it is a shame that they give Christianity such a bad name .!

Looking forward to reading more from you and learning more about your

" journey into freedom" .

Jan

• iwasblind
    iwasblind

Thank you Jan.

Yes it's funny I could never figure out why JW's were viewed as not being Christians, but now I know. They do not belong to Jesus, they totally commit to Jah and reject the divinity of his son. I am still figuring a lot of that out but happy to praise Jesus at any opportunity.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    Welcome Iwasblind. Very pleased for you that you're both awake. Clever lady your wife! It's hard when you have all your family in. We didn't fade so I will let others advise you on that. Whatever works for you. My husband and I pioneered a similar length of time to you and your wife. Looking forward to hearing both of your thoughts.
  • Driving Force
    Driving Force
    iwasblind
    iwasblind
    Thanks for your story.
    It not very nice have you whole family in the bOrg and I wish you strength and hope that you manage to help others wake up.
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7
    Congratulations to you and your wife! It's wonderful that both you have woken up to the truth together. So many here are struggling in divided homes. Thanks for sharing your story. Look forward to hearing more.
  • Alive!
    Alive!

Hi,

I faded somewhat clumsily out of the organisation - am "waiting on The Lord", trusting in good for all of those made in Gods image - rather than letting greedy men push their spin on me and mine.

• kairos
    kairos

Welcome!

I cannot imagine what it must be like to pretend like you are still in.
    I think I could do it, but the pain, though.

Glad the two of you are Awake! together.

• karter
    karter

Welcome,Great to have you(s) here and even better that you are supporting each other.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Karter from downunder,

• Dagsland
    Dagsland

Congrats I am Blind. My fade out was easy when I brought up mental illness since elders are ill equipped on that and stay b/c of lawsuits.

I'm interested in what you read and what they are saying. It's been a while since I have been in the dogma.

cheers,

Tony

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit