If You Got a Call or Visit From The Elders How Would You Deal With Them?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• JunkYardDog
    JunkYardDog

just as before I invite them in then teach them all the lies they are preaching. make them feel uncomfortable then ask them why are they looking to run out the door. as no one else wants to really talk to them. I EMBARRASS THEM for not knowing what the wt really teaches... and beg to stay longer to get in more time... works every time.

• humbled
    humbled

What would I do?

I would invite them in.

I would ask them what their business was with me. Also did they even know why I was no longer a JW?

If they knew what had gone on between me, Brooklyn and the local brothers, then I would ask what made them imagine I believed a word they said to me about faith in God?

Minimus, they will never call on me.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I honestly think I would tell them to **** OFF !!!!

Just those two words.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

There's a very nice elder that calls me every 6-8 week's. I rarely pick up his call, but I always call him back when it is convenient for me and unexpected for him. That way I avoid a 2nd elder from listening in. Yeah he's nice, but he's still an elder!

He never suggests or says I should go out in service or phone/ letter witnessing. Stopped asking me to turn in my time( which he's only done a couple of times in 2 years.)Never suggests I come to meeting. Never suggests I call-in. Just calls " to see how you're doing."

I never discuss my life. He never asks me anymore because I have often said " I'm not comfortable discussing it. Thank you for asking."

I like to ask him questions that get his dissonance going. Our conversations are always friendly. I never come right out and say I disagree with ...I always ask him 'WHY'... As I said he is nice. Too bad he was born in and will remain in til he dies.

He should be calling very soon. Any day .

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I have a lot of stinkin things to worry about in my life; getting a call from the local elders is not on my radar.

I am long forgotten, which is exactly where I want to be.

In case they do visit me, as long as they take their shoes off when entering my home, they are more than welcome.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

I have not received a phone call, letter, or even a surprise pop-in visit in over 3 years.

Am not sure exactly what I would say, but I know that I would keep the convo limited to family and friends.

If it was a surprise visit I would also make it clear that a pop-in visit will not happen again. When you are at your home or residence you have the control, they only have the power or control you allow them to have.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Hire a group of Strolling Mariachis and on cue, have them come out of the bedroom and serenade everyone for an hour.

Rub a Dub

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Well, let me see, what would I say to the elders if they came a' knockin on my door?

I think the convo would be the same as the time some sisters decided to visit my mother in the hospital and of course they had to report to the elders that she was receiving blood during their visit. Besides being "of her flesh" I was appointed her legal guardian, so the decision was mine. ANYWAY Bro Pious called me and I told him a most colorful way to mind his F** ing business and so many other kinds words I felt the urge to share with him.

Also left a msg for him later on that evening when I knew he would be at the meeting, still wasn't thru making my point with him. However I guess all was forgiven, he and his wife were most gracious at her memorial service, considering how others here say there were treated like a forgotten stephchild at funerals, so I guess "he heard what I was saying ".

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

I only stepped down as a MS last month.

Since then, I've gradually made it known that I'm "taking a break" from the meetings.

In my 2 page MS resignation letter to the elders, I made it clear that they were NOT to call at our home uninvited.

I have had texts offering help from the Co-ordinator, and my wife has had texts offering help from an elder in a neighbouring congregation.

I have told my wife that meeting with elders isn't a problem for me, as long as she realises that I'll probably end up disfellowshipped for apostasy.

She no longer encourages me to accept/seek "help" from the elders!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Laugh it off and say no thanks, I left that religious publishing scam decades a go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit