If You Got a Call or Visit From The Elders How Would You Deal With Them?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• TableForOne
    TableForOne

In the past I got caught out by sly elders.

They said they were 'coming to see my wife & I. When is convenient?'

Our mistake?

We didn't ask WHY they needed to see us.

So, if you get a visit, try to find out the subject matter prior to the visit, as well as trying to determine their motives.

• finally awake
    finally awake

at this point it is unlikely that I would answer the phone if I recognized the number. If someone dropped by unannounced, I'd probably be polite and ask what they needed, but I wouldn't invite them inside. I doubt they'll come calling though. We've been pretty public with our holiday celebrating, Boy Scout leading new lifestyle.

• SophieG
    SophieG

LOLOL! They know NOT to call me! But if they did come to my door, I'd keep saying with a big ole smile on my face: I AM SOO HAPPY! God I haven't been this happy in my entire life!!! Do a twirl screaming: I'm gone with the wind FABULOUS!!!!*twerk-twerk*

• RottenRiley
    RottenRiley

To all the parents who thought they lost their kids to the World because the Elders never gave a damm about your kids leaving the Organization, why not ask them "What the Hell are you doing at my house?"

"It was not a concern when my kid stopped attending Meetings, you sure enjoyed his gasoline when you drove his car in Field Service week after week but when he stop or was stumbled, Well, it's been five years did you find out why they stopped going to Meetings or you too worried your Field Service Score Card won't show time for acting like a Shepherd? Go to a house you can get "Watchtower Points" for, because what you are doing won't give you any "Jesus" or "Christian Points", now make like a Pioneer and shuffle away from my door before I call the cops!

• clarity
    clarity

TableForOne ....that is a good tip ..thanks.

Btw ...a big welcome to you ...if you made an

intro post ...sorry i must have missed it.

clarity

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

It depends on what they want to talk to me about...

• minimus
    minimus

My mom is very ill and the congregation has been very good to her. I think she may be in a hospital soon or elsewhere. I think I will be seeing some elders who might try to love bomb me.

• JeffT
    JeffT

Can't imagine it happening, I've been out since 1988.

If they did want to chat, I'd be happy to talk to them. I would start by making it clear they have no authority over any part of my life and I do not consider myself in any way obligated to do anything they say, nor am I obligated to answer questions that I don't regard as their business. And if they say anything in public about our conversation that maligns my character, I'll sue them personally, since they aren't clergy and are not corporate agents, at least that's what they claim when it's convenient to the WTBS.

Now what did you want to talk about?

• rebel8
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Minimus: My mom is very ill and the congregation has been very good to her. I think she may be in a hospital soon or elsewhere. I think I will be seeing some elders who might try to love bomb me.

I'm sorry about your mom.

Please be careful, the WTBTS tries to get elderly JWs to sign over all their property. If she does, you'll almost certainly never be able to get it back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit