If You Got a Call or Visit From The Elders How Would You Deal With Them?

by minimus 51 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Just curious.

• humbled
    humbled

I would love for them to call. But they don't dare.

• minimus
    minimus

What would you do?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

We Missed You at the Kingdom Hall..

.........................http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdx4t3i1341ryu3g1o1_500.gif

..................................................................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• Bruja-del-Sol
    Bruja-del-Sol

LuckilyI moved to another country, but let's just assume that I would still be in Holland in the area where I got DF'd... if they would call me, I would ask them which part of the letter I gave them in 2004, where I stated that I will NEVER come back and be a JW again, they didn't understand. I would tell them that everything written in that letter is still up to date. So stay away from me, permanently!

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Tell them everything that they WANT to hear, and tell them nothing more. Don't tell them that you have doubts, otherwise, every 3rd comment they make at the Kingdom Hall will be about YOU! How do I know? Because it's happening to me RIGHT NOW.

• flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

It depends on several variables:

1) your status in the congregation and personal circumstances.

2) the supposed purpose of the visit.

3) the "modus operandi" of the local elder body.

4) what you want the outcome to be.

There may be more, but that was a quick off the top of my head list.

All other things being equal, mainly just be polite and say nothing of consequence.

However if they are good God-fearing men, and you have a situation they might be able to help with, then don't dismiss the possibility that they might be able to do just that. But, as with most things in life, proceed with caution.

• AlphaMan
    AlphaMan

After surprise that a JW elder is contacting me after so many years and moving so far away, I feel them out as to why they are contacting me.

If it is to get into my business regarding anything Jehovah Witness.....I then go into full rant & attack mode telling them why the religion is a stupid cult, and then I conclude by telling them to never contact me again and that I dissassociate myself from this ridiculous cult, because it is not the true religion and I am embarassed to have ever been associated with the Watchtower religion.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

I got an idea it would end in "off."

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I don't. I took all the power they once had over me back.

They encourage others to not bother with coming our door. Which is fine with me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit