Imagine A World Where Being "Gay" The Norm & Being "Straight" Would Be The Minority!

by Dis-Member 123 Replies latest social entertainment

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Dis-member said," The Grammy Awards this year for the first time was not about music.. but about openly and heavily promoting the gay agenda. A planned marriage ceremony for 34 gay and straight couples officiated by Queen Latifah in the middle of the rap by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis about marriage equality."

I tried to post a topic about the Grammy's and the whole marriage ceremony for discussion, but it was evidently removed by the mods. I wonder why mine was blocked but yours was allowed? I used the word Gayrammys for "grammys" perhaphs it was deemed offensive although I was simply drawing attention to the homophobia that permeates the ORG. The Grammys was a big deal in my opinion. I thought about the modern world and how the GB must fear it. I wondered if dubs were watching, or if they turned the channel as the SLAVE "suggests?"

Anyway, interesting topic.

DD

• steve2
    steve2

Two assumptions: gays cannot procreate and the world population growth would be imperilled.

Gay men donate sperm to women. Apparently there are more women willing to do so than gay donors. Lesbians are making the most "progress" in this area.

If there is one problem the world faces today that can be remedied, its overpopulation. Besides, if gays outnumbered straights, it would provide an incentive for population growth. Lower population growthis hardly a world health issue.

• humbled
    humbled

Getting to the personal: Years ago, before I was a JW, I knew a kid in the community who everyone knew had an "identity" problem--as in sexual id. In early teens it was obviously not gay, but not lined up on mind/body for gender. Later, changes were made surgically and that individual disappeared from the community. Family accepted a "re-assigned" person.

Another instance. I attended an old primitive Baptist church n the back woods for a while and there was a quiet 40-ish man who was named Francis who still lived with his old mom and dad. Everyone in the tiny stone church knew that when he was born he was named "Frances"--They were not entirely sure if they had a boy child or a girl child. Puberty came to Frances in her dresses but when it was over he was wearing trousers--and they spelled his name "Francis". No surgery--just nature.

This is real stuff. We are born the way we are born. Is it a mess-up? Can't blame them, can't blame God. Life on earth won't end if they find a mate and make a family.

Go with it people.

I am a woman--I've birthed 7 children. That's the way I was born. I know gay men and gay women. They are good friends. One of these friends whom I met while I was a JW asked me this year why I became her friend and didn't cut her off because she is gay. I told her that I just knew it wasn't right.

Let them alone to find their way. Life should not be harder for them than it is for heteros. It is no harm to anyone.

Maeve

Edit: I'm glad you posted the video, Dis-member. Well done.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

From what I see (where I live), gay people are producing children as easily as straights... only with more deliberation and planning.

• humbled
    humbled

absolutely, valkerie- none of mine were well planned and only 2 were deliberate.

Maeve

• steve2
    steve2

My first longterm relationship was with a man who had been married and had three sons, but who came out in his 30s (he is now deceased).

It never occurred to me that being gay precluded having children. Yes, the specifics of how that is achieved may not be considered within the norm. But, hey, we live in an age in which even straight couples may need to get help to procreate (IV fertilization etc).

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I have always been confused over why people think that gay/lesbians don't want to be parents

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Homosexuals can sue people who are exercising their religious beliefs. For example, a heterosexual married couple with children who do not want to rent a room in their own family household to homosexuals could be sued for discrimination based on "sexual orientation.

Right. Because all gay people want to live with people who think that they are evil and immoral and who will cringe every time they walk into the room. Nobody has to rent a room in their home to someone they don't like, and no reason need be given, so this is silly.

Whether or not you want to say that HIV/AIDS is a homosexual disease, the fact is that it is highly prevalent among the gay and lesbian community due to their great number of sex partners. The collateral damage to the rest of society, as far as health risks, cannot be denied.

It is not the mere fact of being gay that leads to HIV but their choice to engage in promiscuous sexual behavior, guess what, not every gay person is sexually promiscuous and not all heteros are monogamous. NEWS FLASH, gay people are having sex now, so how is allowing them to marry going to change the risk of HIV? If anything I would think it would make gay people less likely to have nultiple partners. Bt then again many of the choices a person makes in life lead to negative health consequences. Smoking, drinking, overeating, drugs, junk food. Are you going to outlaw them because of ramifications to society? let he who is without sin......

Gay Marriage means having the morals of the minority forced upon the majority

ROFL. So show me the heterosexual who was forced to marry someone of the same sex. The law has nothing to do with morals, you are still free to consider a gay couple immoral.

It forces government to get involved in changing laws which automatically affect in society.

Laws change all the time, as society changes, so do laws. Slavery used to be legal, by your way of thinking, it still should be because a law had to changethat affected everyone.

Gay Marriage means a redefinition of sexual morality, and with it other sexually related practices will be affected and this can be harmful.

This is completely illogical. How does gay people getting married affect morality? Don't be too shocked, but gay people are already having sex and heterosexual people are already having plenty of immoral (by your definition) sex. The only difference is that the gay people can now be married, but bigots like you will still think they are immoral. Morality is a religious concept, not a legal one. You can still think what you like.

• Don't assume that people's spiritual beliefs are irrelevant. People consider spiritual issues to be extremely important, and the stress imposed on religious people by forcing them to "accept" and/or support homosexual practice and/or intimidate them into silence harms a person's spiritual and emotional health
    • How is anyone being "intimidated into silence? You can still express your narrow minded viewpoint, it's just that society as a whole is more accepting of gays and your viewpoint is now not the majority and is in fact looked down on. But that is not the law, that is society. Obviously you don't like that change, but so what? Hang out with other bigots at your church and you can express all the homophobic beliefs you like. You still have freedom of religion.
    1. If Christians are forced into silence because of fear of legal, social, and financial retribution, are they harmed?

No. See paragraph above.

Questions

1. If a parent objects to a school teaching pro-homosexuality and pulls his child out of school, and because of it is ridiculed and/or jailed, is he harmed? No. If you are so fearful of your child learning about gay people, them home school him and you can teach him to be bigoted as you. Why would you be jailed unless your were too lazy to home school? Do you mean you don't want your child to learn to read and write? Why? Anyway, should me what school has a pro-homosexuality agenda, I would like to see that curriculum.
    1. If a self-employed business owner with strong religious convictions refuses to offer his services to homosexuals and he is sued and goes bankrupt, is he harmed. Yes, because he is a poor business person for turning away a good customer just because of his sexual orientation. Do they also reject other immoral people? This is all just silly anyway. If a wedding photographer wants to turn away business they need only say they are not interested in the business, they are stupid if they feel they have to say why.
    1. If a Catholic orphanage is forced to shut down because it is against its religious moral code to turn children over to homosexual couples, is someone hurt? Show me where allowing gays to marry causes this, and if it did, why would they have to shut down.
    1. If a public school teacher voices his disapproval of homosexuality on Facebook on his own time, away from work, in his own home, on his own computer, and is fired from his teaching position, is he harmed? Show me where this happened.
    1. If a group of pro-homosexual activists (Act-UP) disrupt the worship service of a Christian congregation by throwing condoms at the pastor, is the congregation harmed? I would think it would be against the law to disrupt a church service, so I don't know why this couldn't be addressed through the legal system the same as if anti gay protesters disrupted a gay tolerant church service. Last I checked we still had freedom of religion.
    1. If Christians are forced into silence because of fear of legal, social, and financial retribution, are they harmed? You are mixing Apple and oranges. As I said, we still have religious freedom, you can be as narrow minded as you like. Let's say you own a store. You believe homosexuality is wrong, that's OK, you have freedom of religion. You tell all your customers you do not approve of homosexuality. That is your right and choice. You are stupid, IMO, because you will loose not just the business of gay people, but those who have gay friends and relatives, which is probably the majority of people. The government would not get involved if you left it at that, freedom of speech. But then you decide to prevent gays from patronizing your store. No, you cannot do that. Would you want to be prevented from buying from a gay store owner? What if it were the only store in town? And why is only homosexuality that you target? What about drug users, people who have sex outside of marriage? What about gay people who don't look obviously gay, how could you tell? Slippery slope my friend.
    1. When morally conservative people who disapprove of homosexuality are labeled as "moral dinosaurs," "bigots," "hate mongers," "right wing fanatics," "preachers of hatred," "intolerant," are they harmed? Sticks and stones my friend, do you really want the government to prevent free speech because it hurt your feelings? You don't seemed concerned with the feeling of gay people. Very slippery slope.
  • James Brown
    James Brown

There would be no people, if gay was the norm.

• humbled
    humbled

james brown, I think the OP is named for the film that is posted above--the actual proposal is not to create a gay world. That is not being proposed-

-The film shows what happens when you are born one way and you are subjected to majority rule. The film puts the shoe on the other foot---

It's only 19 minutes of your time. Look at what it is saying first.

Maeve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit