Imagine A World Where Being "Gay" The Norm & Being "Straight" Would Be The Minority!

by Dis-Member 123 Replies latest social entertainment

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Yes, I think it's more likely that we will have too many breeders, rather than too many gay people.

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Well maybe nature has a way of making people gay to control population.

Nope. That's why war was invented.

BTW, I'm sorry you focused only on the final sentence (pre-footnote) of my previous post. I really meant to find out whether you view the acts I named as unnatural, as well - given the context described.

• Badfish
    Badfish

Well I was going to attempt to respond with an intelligent answer, so I did a search on my iPhone: "do animals have sex with pregnant females in nature," but I died laughing when I clicked on the answers.com result. Thought I'd share it with you. If I'm the only one who found this funny, maybe it's because I'm drunk tonight. I personally found it hilarious, since these are serious questions from real people:

Q: If you have sex with a dog, can you get pregnant?
    A: No, you cannot get pregnant from a dog nor can you get a dog pregnant. Please get off the computer it is dangerous to you.

Q: Can your girlfriend get pregnant if a dog had sex with her?
    A: No. Though it should be noted that such relationships are illegal in many places and present several health risks.

Q: Can you have sex with pregnant dog?
    A: Can you? Yes. Should you? No.

Q: Can you get pregnant if you have sex with a hot-dog?
    A: Being the most superior human specie on the planet, why are you asking veto nary category question? If dog is bothering you, avoid them.

Q: When a dog has sex, does it get pregnant?
    A: It depends if they are spayed. This usually implies the bitch (female), as it is believed that even if a male is neutered, its sperm can be active for a while.

• DJS
    DJS

Badfish,

You either haven't read many previous posts to refute your premise or you have and simply don't have the ability to think. Many gay and lesbian couples NOW want children. Many have children. One more time and try to follow along: If the majority of the population was gay/lesbian, the desire to have children and families would not die out. They would simply find a way to make it so. Have you ever heard of supply and demand? Surrogates would likely be available, both from the gay and straight community, and the process would likely be well regulated and the surrogates paid well. Kinda like now just formalized. It doesn't take a genius to figure this out, just someone with a funcitonal brain capable of thinking a bit beyond what mommy and daddy or the FDS told you.

The 'desire' to proreate is more a desire to copulate. By far the majority of hetero sexual encounters are based on pleasure and not procreation. That is a good thing, but it has also created a world where lots of unwanted, abused and neglected children are 'procrated.'

As to the rest of your comments, I view them as hate speech. Try to stop being a hate filled moron.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

A second party may not be needed to complete the sex act since several times recently people have told me to go f*** myself.

Rub a Dub

• humbled
    humbled

Good morning, RubbyDubby!

• fulltimestudent
    fulltimestudent

Posted:

To those who say it is wrong to say that homosexual sex is unnatural, I disagree.

Ummm! Really? And for the purpose of this post, I assume that this is a statement that is meant to say that male to male sex is unnatural, both in respect to the desire and the practise.

We're talking about nature here.

This post failed to define precisely what he/she meant by nature.

Now, if the poster meant this common meaning ascribed to nature.

the phenomena of the physical world collectively, including plants, animals, the landscape, and other features and products of the earth, as opposed to humans or human creations:

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/nature

then we imagine he/she believes that no same species to same species sex occurs in nature.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If so, then this poster's thinking is very, very simplistic, as simplistic (for example) as the thinking the author of 2 Peter 2:12 where, in a diatribe against humans that refuse to believe biblical garbage, he compares these humans to,

unreasoning animals, creatures of instinct, born only to be caught and destroyed, and like animals they too will perish.

2 Peter 2:12, NIV

Clearly this NT author believed that animals could only act by (god-implanted) instinct. Modern science is able to demonstrate that animals do have capacity to reason, make decisions etc, however for the purpose of this post, let's accept the biblical view, namely that Yahweh implanted in animals an instinct to do certain things, and that it is impossible for an animal to act in a way contrary to Yahweh's will.

So since this poster (seems to) believes that any male to male sexual act is against the will of Yahweh, we would not expect to find any male to male sexual action in the 'natural' world.

OK, let's see.

I've picked this first video, because the Bible calls Jesus, the lion of the tribe of Judah, so please imagine this video from that aspect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsfZbfCNOds

Now for a more comprehensive look at homosexuality in the natural world.

Dr Bruce Bagemihl is the author of a wide-ranging metastudy of hundreds of different animal species in which some form of homosexual behaviour has been documented.

His book is called -

The Amazon description reads:

A Publishers Weekly Best Book
    One of the New York Public Library's "25 Books to Remember" for 1999

Homosexuality in its myriad forms has been scientifically documented in more than 450 species of mammals, birds, reptiles, insects, and other animals worldwide. Biological Exuberance is the first comprehensive account of the subject, bringing together accurate, accessible, and nonsensationalized information. Drawing upon a rich body of zoological research spanning more than two centuries, Bruce Bagemihl shows that animals engage in all types of nonreproductive sexual behavior. Sexual and gender expression in the animal world displays exuberant variety, including same-sex courtship, pair-bonding, sex, and co-parenting--even instances of lifelong homosexual bonding in species that do not have lifelong heterosexual bonding.

Part 1, "A Polysexual, Polygendered World," begins with a survey of homosexuality, transgender, and nonreproductive heterosexuality in animals and then delves into the broader implications of these findings, including a valuable perspective on human diversity. Bagemihl also examines the hidden assumptions behind the way biologists look at natural systems and suggests a fresh perspective based on the synthesis of contemporary scientific insights with traditional knowledge from indigenous cultures.

Part 2, "A Wondrous Bestiary," profiles more than 190 species in which scientific observers have noted homosexual or transgender behavior. Each profile is a verbal and visual "snapshot" of one or more closely related bird or mammal species, containing all the documentation required to support the author's often controversial conclusions.

Lavishly illustrated and meticulously researched, filled with fascinating facts and astonishing descriptions of animal behavior, Biological Exuberance is a landmark book that will change forever how we look at nature.

And finally, you may listen to Dr Bagemihl himself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUwza5Grxos

So was this poster correct in his/her statement that,

homosexual sex is unnatural

It seems that the facts are against his/her statement.

I wonder whether the poster will admit that ?

• Badfish
    Badfish

I wonder whether the poster will admit that ?

And here I was thinking that the primary purpose of sex and the development of reproductive organs in nature is for reproduction. Silly me.

I have no problem admitting I was wrong.

You got me!

• DJS
    DJS

Badfish,

Lots of men have sex who never want children and take steps to never have children (vasectomies, condoms, etc.) Even more women have lots of sex and never have nor want children. Everyone wno procreates has a lot more sex than just for procreation. It's called fun. Pleasure. Think about it. If the planet was full, governments would have no other choice but to limit procreation. It's already happend in China and other places. There will likely reach a point on this planet where bringing children into the world will be tightly regulated for everyone and perhaps banned for a while. But people will still have sex.

And if procreation is the only reason you think people have sex, I guess, like the GB/FDS, you think only vaginal intercourse is 'appropriate.' (I effing hate that word). So no oral sex???? because that wouldn't be the primary purpose for procreation now would it? That's only about pleasure. I guess you would make a good member of the GB.

You have a lot to learn. Open and expand your mind. Try to stop thinking in the enclosed black and white world you have lived in for so long. And your smart ass response about admitting you were wrong just shows your ignorance. Try some humility. Learn something.

• Badfish
    Badfish

DJS,

If you actually read my posts you would see that I never made any moral or ethical statements saying that people should or shouldn't engage in certain activities. I was only stating my opinion that if a species became primarily homosexual, that species would eventually die out due to a decline in reproduction combined with other factors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit