Typical JW Apologist

by TheStar 185 Replies latest jw friends

• Quotes
    Quotes

hector3000 said:

In view of the definition of MESITHS, and in
    view of the manner in which the Bible uses the word "mediator," we
    must conclude that Paul was saying that Jesus is the mediator for all persons in the new covenant.

And according to the teachings & beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses, only the 144,000 are in the new covenant. (See dungbeetle's post 3 posts above this one, or see http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/mediator.htm).

Therefore, if hector3000 believes in the present JW teachings & beliefs, the current truth, he is of the annointed.

I doubt we have ever had one of the annointed posting here on this discussion board. This is exciting. Welcome, "Brother Hector3000."

=========================================
    P.S. For hector3000, hilda, and any other newbies here: please try to use the various text markup tags available when writing your post to make them more readable. By using the appropriate tag, enclosed in square brackets, you can make text bold, italic, and even red or blue. You can even use the "quote" tag to block of material you are quoting from another post. Just makes it that much easier to read. Thanks in advance.

===========================
    For interesting Watchtower Society literature quotes, complete with references but without any editorial, check out:
    http://Quotes.JehovahsWitnesses.com

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Lots of the 'anointed' post here. I can think of three right off hand, and I know ther are more.Jehovah's Witnesses are one of only a very few small groups that teach that not ALL persons have a heavenly hope.

Many JW's, before they leave the org, get that heavenly hope back again.

I started a post a while back entitled'non JW's check in here'.

Maybe someone should do a 'anointed/heavenly hope check in here'. Should be fun.

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• hector3000
    hector3000

As I had said earlier, which you all ignore, is that I fall under the umbrella of the new covenant.
    You people on this board, do not. You don't have any mediator, and you are without hope. Oh, I know you think you do, but that does not make it so.
    God made a covenant with Noah, but all share in it.
    God made a covenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Jacob Ex 2:24, but all share in it.
    They were mediators of their respective covenants.
    God made a covenant with Moses also, but not all Israel benefited.
    Moses was the mediator of the old covenant, yet only the high priests were able into the Holy of the Holies, to stand before the person of God for us.
    What are the elect called? Priests!
    "He made them a kingdom of priests for our God; and they will rule over the earth." Rev 5:10
    "and has made us a kingdom of priests for His God and Father." C.B. Williams NT

• Will Power
    Will Power

So Hector are you in a round a bout way saying that you are NOT one of the annointed but enjoy the privilage of a mediator umbrella?
    Question is annointed? Yes or No

If answer is no, are you putting all your faith into your fleshy body to live forever on earth?

If you are an annointed, what year were you born? I'm curious. Did you discover God's Holy Spirit resided in you before or after the WatchTower gave a new explanation about the word generation? This is important. I've been doing research about whether a person's hopes and dreams affect their behavior, attitude, life decisions, etc.

• hector3000
    hector3000

Let me ask you. From the Bible...who is your leader?

• Francois
    Francois

Hector, you are an elitist. The bible plainly states that God is no respecter of persons - and by extension, groups of persons. It is contrary to the loving nature of the Father to vouchsafe truth or salvation to one generation or group of his children and withhold it from another. That would make of God a terrible, abusive monster. And that is what you and all JWs do with your absurd 144,000 interpretation.

There are very few things about which humans can be absolutely sure concerning the spiritual estate. These things are:

God is Love. And we are to be "creature perfect" as he is "diety perfect," reflective of the Love of God. Creating elitist groups who alone receive the divine affection is unloving and contrary to the very nature of the God whom you claim to serve.

There are only two laws which the true children of god must observe. They are well known, except perhaps by you: Love God with a whole soul; and your neighbor as yourself. That's it! The full and complete obligation of the children of god.

All the wordy conversation about the new covenant and the old covenant, and this class and that class, and this old date vs. that other date, and calculations about when the so-called "end" will occur, or the reappearance of Jesus is just so much dross - the dregs of the old and outdated manner of spiritual thinking.

IMO, you continue to be a spiritual baby, arrogant in your attempt to enlighten people who are obviously so much more spiritually mature than you.

It is one thing to be ignorant; it is another to be proud of it. You have indeed "opened your mouth and removed all doubt."

Francois

• hector3000
    hector3000

Interesting diatribe Francois, but you have addressed absolutely nothing.
    Let me ask you. From the Bible...who is your leader?
    Perhaps you can ask your slimmed down "diety perfect" God.

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Wow, so does this mean that a**holes go to heaven?

• Will Power
    Will Power

Hector
    Since you are not answering but only asking questions...
    Who is your leader?
    Well he isn't the one who used to live in the Pleidies. Or any of the people that said that is where he lived.
    Fran's comment about immaturity was well said.

Do you think that you know who God is? Do you know who your god is?
    Do you know who the Faithful & Discreet Slave thinks that god is? Do you think that this is one and the same god? Have you ever tried to find out from the Faithful & Discreet Slave (class): who/what god is? Through the watchtower's publications (which is the only means of this faceless communication - spiritual food) they have quite the array of ideas!
    Guess some days they are in the "truth" and some days they are not.

• hector3000
    hector3000

Sucks: Wow, so does this mean that a**holes go to heaven?

Reply: No, that term is reserved for senior members of this board.
    Again, it is not that hard of a question: From the Bible...who is your leader?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit