Typical JW Apologist

by TheStar 185 Replies latest jw friends

• ThatSucks
    ThatSucks

Will Power: Forget it. I asked a similar question to a devout JW (who did not consider themselves of the 'annointed') earlier last year, and after scratching their heads, they told me that JC was their mediator and refused to discuss the situation anymore, despite their literature saying otherwise.

Witnesses are just like every other fundy out there. They believe what they want to believe because they want to believe what they think someone said they should. They just have it in their heads that they are the only ones right about almost anything. This stubborn bull-headedness has played throughout most of their history and made them some of the biggest 'delusionalists' I have ever seen.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Yeah, that sucks. (cool name)Its 2 statements in one!

But Hector said he would defend his faith!!!!
    and how dare he say that I am not a potential convert.
    He is acting out the main reason why I have had 2nd thoughts!!!!!

But it is getting close to Dr. Phil. I can wait. He said we would fight the good fight and not run away.

• hector3000
    hector3000

Mediator:
    Heb.9
    [15] "Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred which redeems them from the transgressions under the first covenant." RSV

I fall under the unbrella of that new covenant, though I may not be of the firstfruits. Jesus is my mediator. As the Insight Book says under Mediator:

These not in the new covenant also appreciate that "there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved." (Ac 4:12) They, too, look to Jesus Christ as their great heavenly High Priest, through whom they can approach God and through whose ministration they can get forgiveness of sin. (Heb 4:14-16) Revelation 21:22-24 points out that 'the nations will walk in the light of New Jerusalem,' where Jehovah God is the light and the Lamb Jesus Christ is the lamp.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Thank you for answering and keeping it short.

I am pleased to meet and official annointed one. I have not had the pleasure til now. If I may be so bold, how old are you?

These not in the new covenant also appreciate that "
    I asked for bible only, why did you add this and change the meaning?

I have to go out right now. I will be back.
    But according to the bible, those under the old covenant would also be under Jewish law, is that correct? The new covenant is with Jesus Christ, the Jews that believed, and the Gentiles as well (previously excluded)

• Will Power
    Will Power

p.s. why then does the Aid to understanding book (not that terribly old) say that Jesus Christ is the mediator for THE 144,000 ONLY ??

• Jourles
    Jourles

Has Hector asked the UN about the library card procedure? Me thinks not. This is a reply from -
    Dana Loytved
    Senior Reference Librarian
    UN/SA Reference Desk
    United Nations Library, New York
    E-mail: [email protected]

which reads:

The procedure for a library pass is the following: the interested party needs to fill out an application form and supply a letter of recommendation in support of the research. If the needed material is not available in a UN depository library (the list of depository libraries is posted at: http://www.un.org/depts/dhl/deplib/countries/), the application is approved and sent to UN Security. UN Security checks the application and, if approval is granted, instructs the Pass Office to issue a library pass for the applicant.

The issuance of a library pass is independent of NGO status or any other status. There has been no change in the library pass policy in general; however, please be advised that, as a consequence of the September 11 attacks, no library passes are being issued for the time being while the security situation at the UN is being studied.

NGO representatives with UN grounds pass do not need to apply for a library pass since the grounds pass will allow them to use the UN Library. Actions on grounds passes, which provide access to UN Headquarters facilities in general (including, but not limited to, the UN Library), are not initiated by the library and we have no information about past and/or present practices. The UN Library exclusively deals with library passes which entitle the bearer only to access to the library, not to other facilities at UN Headquarters.

For access options for NGOs, please contact the NGO Section:

NGO Section
    Department of Public Information
    Room S-1070 L
    New York, NY 10017, USA
    Tel: (212) 963-6842
    Fax: (212) 963-6914

Has the WTS reapplied for a library pass since they now no longer have access under their old NGO status? I would be curious to know if they have or not.
  • hector3000
    hector3000

According to J.H. Thayer's Greek-English Lexicon, MESITHS means, "one
    who intervenes between two, either in order to make or restore peace
    and friendship, OR TO FORM A COMPACT, or FOR RATIFYING A COVENANT...
    [also denotes an] arbitrator, (Vulg. [and A.V. mediator).
    The Bible uses the word "mediator" in connection
    with covenants only. The New Testament discuss two
    primary covenants which concern Christians. One is the new covenant,
    and the other is the covenant for a kingdom.
    "For there is one God, and one mediator [MESITHS] between God and
    men, the man Christ Jesus" (KJV).
    In 1 Tim. 2:5, Paul seems to say that Jesus is the MESITHS for all Christians. Is this the case? Some have pointed out that Paul did not say that Jesus is a mediator of certain men. He also did not say that
    Jesus was a mediator for all men either. Which argument of silence
    will we therefore use? Is Jesus the mediator for all Christians or
    for some Christians? In view of the definition of MESITHS, and in
    view of the manner in which the Bible uses the word "mediator," we
    must conclude that Paul was saying that Jesus is the mediator for all
    persons in the new covenant. Back in the first century, when the book
    of 1 Tim. was written, there was only the heavenly hope.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

Hector dearest, you have the right idea. What does the Bible teach?

Jesus is mediator for ALL his followers before God. He died for ALL the followers. God is no respecter of persons. There is no male or female...

What does Watchtower teach? A small sample:

WT 2/1/98

10… Today, those earnestly looking for Jesus include surviving anointed Christians of the Israel of God and the millions making up the great crowd, who also have an everlasting inheritance. Both classes thank God for the new covenant and for the life-giving blessings associated with it, including the greater Atonement Day and the ministry of the High Priest, Jesus, in the heavenly Most Holy.

13 What happens when the last of the 144,000 realize their heavenly hope? Will the new covenant cease to apply? At that time, there will be on earth no remaining member of the Israel of God. All participants in the covenant will be with Jesus “in the kingdom of [his] Father.” (Matthew 26:29)

WT 2/15/91
    Hence, the ransom sacrifice is fundamental to the new covenant, of which Jesus is the Mediator. Paul wrote: “There is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—this is what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times.” (1 Timothy 2:5, 6) Those words especially apply to the 144,000, with whom the new covenant is made.

11… Christ does not act as Mediator of the new covenant toward them, yet they benefit from this covenant through the work of God’s Kingdom. Christ still acts toward them, however, as High Priest, through whom Jehovah can and does apply the ransom to the extent of their now being declared righteous as God’s friends.

B.....U.....S....T....E.....D.....

UADNA-US (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America-United States)

• hector3000
    hector3000

Busted?!
    Everything you quoted complements everything I have said. You only highlighted the parts you wanted to concentrate on. I find this is a big problem with this board. You all are selective in your findings.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Hector, In what year did you discover you were annointed?
    How old are you?

Because Jesus is your mediator and not mine, how should I pray?
    I cannot pray to a heavenly father as Jesus showed, since I am only a friend, not a son.
    I cannot go through Jesus Christ as you do since your status is so much higher than mine and I am not included in the 144,000 (but I do have my fingers crossed that someone will drop out!)
    Who shall be my mediator?
    What do I do when the bible has Jesus say
    NO ONE comes to the Father But Through ME.?

Great post Jourles!!
    Too bad hector missed it & is being so selective in his choice of responses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit