Typical JW Apologist

by TheStar 185 Replies latest jw friends

• hector3000
    hector3000

[TheStar: 1975...and Far Beyond. They have not dedicated their lives to serve Jehovah only until 1975. Christians have been running this way ever since Christ Jesus blazed the trail and commanded his disciples. "Follow me!" So keep this same mental attitude in you that was in Christ Jesus. Let nothing slow you down or cause you to tire and give out. Those who will flee Babylon the Great and this Satanic system of things are now running for their lives, headed for God's kingdom, and they will not stop at 1975.]

Reply: Again, thank you for helping me make my point.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

God, now I know how my mother felt when she tried to reason with me about the JW religion.

I would hear only what I wanted to hear and the rest I would let pass right through that hole in between my ears.

Hector, open your eyes man.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • hector3000
    hector3000

[Lilacs: I would hear only what I wanted to hear and the rest I would let pass right through that hole in between my ears.]

Reply: I find this to be the problem with everyone on this list. Open your mind, and your ears.

I see that since my comment on senior members, I have been magically transformed from junior member to senior member in a matter of hours to make me look bad. This behind the scenes manipulation now marks my departure.
    See y'all, wouldn't want to be y'all.
    http://hector3000.future.easyspace.com

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Hector, You got it wrong It's........See ya, wouldn't want to be ya. LOL

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Will Power
    Will Power

Hector: I need help!

How do you defend a printing company who is looked upon as God's channel, his restaurant for 'spiritual food' dispensing at the proper time what is called the Truth? Albeit "imperfect" men actually write the articles, but what do you do when you see that they have printed a grave error?
    Do you bring it to their attention? Do you wait for them to fix it, as wait on Jehovah, He'll fix everything in His own due time? How long should one wait? Is 20 years long enough?
    I'd like to submit a "grave error" sighting. What would be the best way to do this without seeming like I am running ahead or looking for glory, or might be accused of looking apostate.
    FYI, I am not an apostate, because I have not turned away.
    But because I call myself a Christian, you probably will think that the "grave error" has been fabricated, I assure you it is not. Many over the years have had the bound volumes adjusted, or the book re-printed entirely where a "prophesy" has turned out not in the WT's favor, like the "Light" book, or certain articles just aren't included on the CD. But this is not one of those examples. I fear it to be a huge stumbling block for anyone with Borean tendancies such as myself.
    It has even been transferred from the original WT magazine, to the bound volume, then again to the CDRom. Unbelievable, I know, but sure as shootin, it is there.
    Since the JWs PRIDE themselves as being the only ones who serve correctly, this error must be fixed, acknowledged and repented openly if they wish to carry on with the claim they are ambassadors substituting for Christ.
    Please help.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Hector,

The only point you have made is that you have blinders on.

Once again you fail to address the issue at hand, that being that the society's many watchtower articles on the issue of 1975 have strong wording that would lead any JW to believe Armageddon would come in 1975. The society, the GB are the ones that instigated that not the brothers as you and your cronies would like others to believe.

You seem to have tunnel vision but I don't blame you as they have conditioned you to look at things with blinders on.

While I have to acknowledge that the statements which support your understanding of the matter are there, you must also acknowledge that the statements which support my conclusions on the matter are also there.

Being that this is so, I come to the following conclusion about what the society was doing in writing this way, that is covering their backs for whatever would really happen in 1975:

Scenario #1 : Armageddon comes in 1975 - We the true prophets of Jehovah had foretold and forewarned all of mankind of this event.

Scenario #2: Armageddon doesnt' come in 1975 - We never said Armageddon would come in 1975, many brothers speculated and are now disappointed by this but we warned you of speculation and your dedication to Christ should not depend on a date...blah blah blah

You see Hector with this style of writing, they are covered regardless of the outcome. There's a name for this Hector and it's not called warm christian love, that's for sure.

Now Hector I can admit that the statements which support your understanding of the matter were definately stated in the watchtower articles, Will you admitt that the watchtower also used strong wording that would convince any brother that Armageddon would arrive in 1975?

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hector, you said:

Reply: Well, not really true.
    "The reason I left you behind in Crete was for you to get everything organised there."- Tit 1:5, The Jerusalem Bible.
    The apostle Paul also pointed out that "God has organized the body" of Jesus Christ's anointed followers as it pleases Him. Hence, we should expect "God's congregation" to be well organized and to function peacefully, harmoniously.-1 Cor. 14:33; 12:24, The Riverside New Testament; 1 Tim 3:5.

Clever, what you have done is simply use different Bible translations that support your argument. Actually, not even the New World Translaton uses the word "organization".

For the record, my life is definitely not "messed up!" I have never been happier or more contented. I no longer live my life according to the edicts of a publishing company. I actually feel pity for those so brain washed and blinded by the watchtower society that they are willing to accept everything they say without question. However, I also realize that some people actually need an organization like the watchtower in their lives. More power to you!

• TheStar
    TheStar
    I see that since my comment on senior members, I have been magically transformed from junior member to senior member in a matter of hours to make me look bad. This behind the scenes manipulation now marks my departure.

LOL!!! Oh Hector, a little paranoid are we? If you look around a bit more, you would realize that after you post a certain number of times your member status changes. When anyone reaches 50 posts their member status becomes senior member. See mine? I'm over 200 posts so my member status is Master but it really doesn't mean anything, it's just something that makes this board fun and entertaining.

This is a quote from the owner of this forum, Simon.

"The titles are really a bit of fun and nothing more. All they count is the number of posts which a computer can do easily ... they do not represent any quality whatsoever. For that a post/poster rating would be needed. The titles got added over time for different landmark numbers as a bit of fun... "

Don't make silly excuses to leave here Hector,stick around.

When you reach 1,000 posts you make it to Jedi and at 2,000 posts you will be an Emperor and we throw you a Huge party complete with cake and all!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Star,

You know I didn't understand what he was talking about. I thought somebody did something to him. Poor Hector.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Dutchie,

He is either experiencing the JW brainwashing of Satan's world paranoia or he is trying to make excuses to leave so as not to address the issues and give us a reply.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit