Typical JW Apologist

by TheStar 185 Replies latest jw friends

• TheStar
    TheStar

This JW (like so many do) avoids discussing the real issues at hand and instead opts for:

Do Jehovah's Witnesses have pedophiles in their mists?
    Yes but look at everyone else that does too and they're much worse.

I'm not even going to mention how badly he defends the UN scandal, I'll let you read it yourself.

This guy has your typical "Holier-Than-Thou" attitude.

http://hector3000.future.easyspace.com/ngo.htm
    http://hector3000.future.easyspace.com/pedo.htm

• LizardSnot
    LizardSnot

Its like they are big kids saying...."I know you are but what am I"
    :p

Lizard

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Hi Star,

These people are obviously delusional and they will do and say anything to defend the watchtower. I felt compelled to email this guy and tell him, gently, what a dunderhead he was.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

What this bozo fails to mention is that the WTBTS has for years proclaimed its superiority to other religions. They have criticized other groups as being minions of Satan, and the proof they cite is the scandals that occur within these groups.

Now that they are caught with their hand in the cookie jar (more than once), they resort to the "well, okay, we did these things....but THEY'RE worse than WE are".

The point, and it is one that the JWs fail to grasp, is that the "true religion" purports to a higher standard. The "true religion" does NOT tolerate these improprieties. The "true religion" remakes individuals into better people who do NOT commit these acts. That's what makes them presumably unique, more righteous, and, therefore, worthy of God's blessing.

I just LOVE the double standards. [8>]

• TheStar
    TheStar

LizardSnot, yeah that's the impression I get from this guy too.

Dutchie, you should email him! I researched his site and of all the crap he has on his site in defense of the Watchtower, he only has the tiniest bit on the blood issue and it's pathetic. I'm sure someone has asked him about the societies current stance on the use of blood components but there is not a single mention of it anywhere on his website. Hmmmm.. I wonder why?

BTW, Dutchie I've been meaning to ask you how in the world are you at 516 Posts? I was here a month before you and I'm trailing behind you by 300 posts!! What's up with that? How do you do it woman? If you keep at it, you'll set the record for shortest time in becoming a Jedi!

• TheStar
    TheStar

Redhorse Woman,

I just LOVE the double standards. [8>]
    Don't ya though?

I just want to slap this guy. He does this with everthing. Under the topic 50 Answers to 50 Questions to ask Jehovah's witnesses he is asked:

18. "What did the Watchtower predict would happen in 1873, 1874, 1878, 1910, 1914, 1915, 1918, 1925, 1931, 1941, and 1975? Why did these prophecies not happen?"

He Answers:

"Why did Protestants, Catholics, Pentescostals etc also speculate about the end throughout their history. Why did these prophecies not happen? Click here for more. "

Then is asked:

20. "If Jesus returned in 1914, why did the Watchtower teach that he returned in 1874, and maintained this 1874 teaching up until 1940?"

And again answers:

"Again, why have Protestants, Catholics, Pentescostals etc also done the same thing at other dates."

Slap him I say, I want to slap him!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Star, I really don't know! I post throughout the day when I'm at work and the posts just seem to build up. I never pay attention to the number. Thanks for pointing it out. When I go to court I bring a laptop with me and while I'm waiting for my case to be called I'm on the net. My laptop has one of those remote modems so it can be accessed anywhere.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

It might help you to know that true-blue JW's are not so much defending the Watchtower; rather,

They are defending THEIR OWN years and loyalty and money they have GIVEN to the organization.

When JW's APPEAR to be defending the Watchtower, it is only a thinly-disguised attempt to defend themselves.

• TheStar
    TheStar

Yes, dungbeetle, I realize this too. When I was a die hard, I took it very personal when someone attacked the organization for that very reason. Still this guy is not being honest and it infuriates me... then again, I guess I can understand his denial...

Thanks dungbeetle, for showing me my bad, evil ways..

• rmayer32
    rmayer32

Typical Dumbass reasoning.

-Rick

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit