Witnesses: Why The 1/19/14 WT Lesson Is Dangerous

by Apognophos 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Wow, what Slidin Fast said on page 2:

'Reading the WT these days is like reading the propaganda of a dictator state.'

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Great post Apognophos.

Eden

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This was well executed Apog, thank you.

For me, the Bible is just a very interesting book of myths and eclectic funk, so the whole Hezekaiah thing is of no importance to me. What it DOES reveal however, is how the WBT$ twists the actual story to fit themselves.....perhaps a bit like their nauseating and hilarious spin on the 'trumpet blasts(TM)' in Revelation.

I think WMF was right in saying...'let's review, it's a cult!' as this says in a few words just how it makes me feel when I read WBT$ crappola.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Great post

• SuperBoy
    SuperBoy

I naturally haven't read the WT article, but I was always brought up in "the truth" that it would be the actions of JWs that would turn the worlds attention to them.

Not sure if anything changed in the last 12 years but would seem to support the 'modern Hezekiah'.

PS - not typing this to be controversial. I was just thinking about how growing up I was always waiting for the world to turn against me!

• johnamos
    johnamos

8-22-78 Awake "Do Others Do Your Thinking?”

Education teaches you how to think. Propagandists tell you what to think. True educators present all sides of an issue and encourage discussion. Propagandists hammer hard on their view and discourage discussion. Many times their true motives are hidden. They sift the facts, tell the favorable ones, and conceal the others. They distort and twist facts, specialize in lies and half-truths. Your emotions, not your logical thinking abilities, are their target. Many fall easy prey because it takes no effort to feel, whereas thinking is hard labor. And the propagandist sees to it that his message is made to seem wise, the right, and moral one, and gives you a sense of importance and belonging if you follow it. You are one of the smart ones, you are not alone, you are comfortable and secure -- so they say. Propagandists have little respect for people's thinking abilities. Proverbs 14:15 states: "A simple man believes every word he hears; a clever man understands the need for proof." (The New English Bible) Many today are like sponges; they soak up whatever they are submerged in. It is the easy way. Exercise for the muscles is hard work; exercising the mind is even harder.... What about you? Will you let others think for you, or will you do your own thinking? Do your own, and "thinking ability itself will keep guard over you."

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Johnamos:

That paragraph describes the WT to a T.

• never a jw
    never a jw

The article quoted by John Amos started great and continued with many good points, but ended this way.

“The god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers,” that they might not know the vital truths of our time. What about you? Will you let others think for you, or will you do your own thinking? Do your own, and “thinking ability itself will keep guard over you.” At the same time, it must be admitted that we need good and proper guidance.—2 Cor. 4:4, 6; Prov. 2:11; Ps. 36:9; Jer. 10:23."

The writer ended up writing his own propaganda. Oh, the irony!

• never a jw
    never a jw

Jeremiah 10:23 (quoted at the end of the article

I know, O Lord , that the way of human beings is not in their control,
    that mortals as they walk cannot direct their steps."

So the article starts "do your own thinking" and ends "do not do your own thinking"

So much for English teachers advising students to reaffirm the main premise in the conclusion of their essays.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I wonder if that little gem in the '78 Awake was written by dear Ray Franz ?

Whoever wrote it, it must have helped some to realise that the WT were Propagandist mind-controllers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit