Witnesses: Why The 1/19/14 WT Lesson Is Dangerous

by Apognophos 84 Replies latest watchtower bible

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

This was shared on another post. It's very important that we realize the implications. If anyone has time to visit JW forums and keep this question going while " the iron is hot ", please do so.

DD

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Propagandists hammer hard on their view and discourage discussion. Many times their true motives are hidden. They sift the facts, tell the favorable ones, and conceal the others. They distort and twist facts, specialize in lies and half-truths.

---

jeez, if i didn't know WT was talking about everyone else, I'd think this was describing themself. I'm glad I already know this applies only to "the world".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

"Propagandists hammer hard on their view and discourage discussion. Many times their true motives are hidden. They sift the facts, tell the favorable ones, and conceal the others. They distort and twist facts, specialize in lies and half-truths."

That statement is a summary of the entire "GOD'S WORD IS TRUTH" DC! Every single thing they condemned others for, THEY were guilty of themselves. If you can handle it, listen to the audio recordings on the internet. You will be amazed. False teachings, false hopes, a false stylus, those are just some of the topics covered!!!

DD

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Re: DD's post #3942

These are real JWs' comments, right? You're not yanking our chains?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

The Awake of June 22, 2000 has a similar series of articles on the subject of propaganda:

• The Manipulation of Information - "The cunning propagandist loves such shortcuts—especially those that short-circuit rational thought. Propaganda encourages this by agitating the emotions, by exploiting insecurities, by capitalizing on the ambiguity of language, and by bending rules of logic. As history bears out, such tactics can prove all too effective."

They are very informative. For one thing, they tell me that the WT writers are completely aware of what they are doing.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Bruja-del-sol shared those from a Facebook page. I don't see why Bruja or anyone else would make a fake Facebook page. I guess we could go on some JW forums and ask similar questions to see what happens.

I will tell you this, I discussed organ transplants with my wife and an Elder. I asked them if they would have obeyed back then and let themselves, their child, or their spouse die. They said, "YES." I said, " Even if you knew that it was a human idea with no scriptural backing?" They said, " Yes. We would obey God's channel, and we ould not disobey the GB. If we or a child were to die, we have the resurrection hope." So I see no reason why that Facebook page would be fake.

DD

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

Sorry, DD - just finding the reactions disturbing. I'd be interested to know how many responded, how many expressed similar sentiments to those above, and how many (or if anyone) said they would not take the pill. I'm interested because of overhearing a similar conversation many years ago (when I was a wide-eyed, naïve dub) between some elders.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

DATADOG: I asked them if they would have obeyed back then and let themselves, their child, or their spouse die. They said, "YES." I said, " Even if you knew that it was a human idea with no scriptural backing?" They said, " Yes. We would obey God's channel, and we ould not disobey the GB. If we or a child were to die, we have the resurrection hope."

ANNOMALY: Sorry, DD - just finding the reactions disturbing. I'd be interested to know how many responded, how many expressed similar sentiments to those above, and how many (or if anyone) said they would not take the pill. I'm interested because of overhearing a similar conversation many years ago (when I was a wide-eyed, naïve dub) between some elders.

Obviously those people have a much higher opinion of their elders than I ever had of any of the elders I service with on any BOE. Of course, it's easy to SAY such things (I'll let my baby die!) than it is to actually hold a lchild you love and have bore and raised in your arms and let life slip away from them. At that point in time, the ambiguous changing doctrines might not seem too certain.

It's like an old sister in my home congregation who always used the line, "If the WTS said to plant cabbage upside down, I'd plant it upside down!". Since no one really likes cabbage, who give a sh!t? The fact that the Liaison Committee tells parents to simply cave in to the judge's order for a transfusion for any minor tells you that taking a "life-or-death" stand (like fleeing the State) wasn't working. When it's really "life-or-death" no one wants their child to die. Most would even compromise their (eternal) life to save their child.

Doc

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I think the facebook groups and other places have a very high ratio of crazy JW to "normal". The grammar suggests english as a second language. Another person didn't capitalize Jehovah on a one sentence response.....I don't know.

I don't think that is representative of what most or even 98% of JW's would do.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

It would be bad enough if only 2% would do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit