Do You Own A Firearm? Would You??

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

shotguns are better for self defense

There are so many variables that go into this it's very difficult to say which is "better". My personal preference for home defense is an AR-15.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEG6im_0GFk

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I own LOTS of firearms and love to target shoot. From pistols to rifles I luv 'em and always have. So much fun.

Here's a shot of me with my long range rifle, a Tikka T3 Sporter chambered in .223. Bolt-action, fully adjustable trigger, stock, etc. Smoothest, most accurate "out of the box" rifle you can get.

- Wing Commander

• label licker
    label licker

We do to. We're out in the country where it was necessary when we had our cattle calving. We are have a high population of cyotes. Also, we have a bunch from time to time that like to skeet shoot and we do that in the summer and fall.

The only time I get my back up is when you have an idiot who owns pistols with no gun license and threatens to kill his wife (waving a loaded hand gun in her face) and threatens to kill his dad. It's guys like this that give guns and gun owners a bad reputation. And the elders knew and did absolutely nothing until the cops went to check on the wife and so the elders df'd him but made his brotherinlaw an elder at the same time which it will be no time and he will be reinstated.

• minimus
    minimus

NOW, THAT's A FIREARM!

• piztjw
    piztjw

I have owned many. I still own a pretty good selection for most uses.

Hunting rifles with sufficient ammunition to "get ''r done".

A selection of revolvers, again with plenty of ammo.

And my favorite. . .a 1911 Colt semi-auto. I also have a CWP, I carry, and I have had very rare occasion to confront persons engaging in criminal behaviour. I would do it again if needed.

My rules for firearm ownership/use: 1) Handle ALL guns as if they were loaded. 2) NEVER point a gun at something you don't intend to shoot. 3) Never threaten to shoot unless you are willing and able to DO IT! 4) Be prepared to live with the results of your firearm handling.

I would much rather face judgement day having taken another's life to protect mine or a loved ones, than to face judgement day knowing I could have saved a loved one or myself.

• minimus
    minimus

So far, nobody sounds unrerasonable.

• quellycatface
    quellycatface

Cor Firearm.you look the biz.Great arms, no bingo wings on you!!!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I had a bb gun as a lad but was always afraid I would "shoot my eye out."

But to answer your question no and no.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I was shocked b/c my dad spoke of sitting in the lobby of a Bethel with a rifle. My mom said it was hypocrisy. There were race riots in my home city that are still legendary. The city never recovered in all these decades. I don't know why. My father wanted to purchase firearms to protect the family and the house. We must have been made the only ones in the neighborhood not to have protection. The local politician called vigilante announced that he had a tank hidden. I never saw it. He patrolled the neighborhood and gun ownership was a requirement to ride. My father did not argue that it was ok for JWs to have one.

So I was shocked to read that they always were ok with the Witnesses.

My personal feeling is that I am urban. Keeping track of safety, cleaning, storage, and whatever would be a lot for me to remember. I pay the NYPD to be my firearm. I've always lived close to a precinct or near the donut/newspaper stores they frequent. They had better come protect me if I need help. It is a service I pay for with taxes. They must get more practice than I would.

I am antigun. This might change if I lived in more rural area. It might take the police too long to arrive.

My reaction would be to flee the scene. I don't believe I am the Annie Oakley type. Retreating and screeching my head off for help is more my sort of thing.

• Kool Jo
    Kool Jo

I have non-JW family members and friends who own firearms...I see no problems with owning them once you do your utmost to keep them secure and used primarily for self defense or hunting.

Kool Jo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit