Do You Own A Firearm? Would You??

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• Goldiver
    Goldiver

I have firearms, I grew up in the country and enjoy hunting and target shooting. The M1 Garands are my favorite rifle to shoot targets with.

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

Oubliette- What model S&W .40 cal do you have? I've been considering the S&W M&P Shield in either .40 or 9mm as another CC option. How do you like yours?

• Splash
    Splash

Under UK law, an air rifle is considered a firearm.

Splash

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

wearewatchingyouman, That's a Sig Sauer P299.

The 9mm vs .40 cal is an on-going debate. A friend in law enforcement persuaded me to go with the .40 caliber for more "stopping power."

He said, "You'll only need it if you need it." I thought that was a compelling argument. The down side is that if you miss it will more easily penetrate walls potentially putting innocent neighbors at risk. Don't miss!

• SAHS
    SAHS

“Splash”: “Under UK law, an air rifle is considered a firearm.”

Here in Canada, air guns with both a muzzle velocity greater than 500 feet per second and a muzzle energy greater than 4.2 foot-pounds are considered firearms (in the “non-restricted” class) under the Firearms Act and the Criminal Code, and must be obtained with a valid license.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

SAHS said, "... Also, believe it or not, here in Canada any mace products are totally illegal!"

Thanks for bringing this up!

I'll guess that in Canada LONG-RANGE WASP-SPRAY is perfectly legal. If a person was being attacked and used a can of LONG-RANGE WASP-SPRAY as though it was Pepper Spray or Tear Gas, the defender would find themselves in possession of a very effective (i.e., very damaging) weapon. These LONG-RANGE WASP-SPRAYs are very potent neurotoxins and would probably cause blindness if sprayed in the eyes, and serious respiratory problems if it was inhaled.

So be sure NEVER to use LONG-RANGE WASP-SPRAY for personal protection! Your government will express their sincere regret over your victimization at the hands of a psychopath. Knowing that should bring great comfort.

One thing everyone should be aware of is that almost every product sold today has a warning on the label that says something like:

"WARNING: It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling."

Is it a violation of natural law for sheep to defend themselves from wolves?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit