Do You Own A Firearm? Would You??

by minimus 55 Replies latest jw friends

• wearewatchingyouman
    wearewatchingyouman

I pay the NYPD to be my firearm. I've always lived close to a precinct or near the donut/newspaper stores they frequent. They had better come protect me if I need help. It is a service I pay for with taxes.

Constitutionally, the police have no duty to protect you. Their job is to create an environment conducive to keeping the money rolling in for the government. Personally, I find it to be a lack of individual responsibility to expect somebody else to keep me safe, but to each their own.

"WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation."

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/politics/28scotus.html?_r=0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Rock_v._Gonzales

"By a 4–3 decision the court decided that Warren was not entitled to remedy at the bar despite the demonstrable abuse and ineptitude on the part of the police because no special relationship existed. The court stated that official police personnel and the government employing them owe no duty to victims of criminal acts and thus are not liable for a failure to provide adequate police protection unless a special relationship exists. The case was dismissed by the trial court for failure to state a claim and the case never went to trial."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

Yes I do own hand guns. A couple for personal protection of myself and my family. Additionally I belong to a competition shooting team. And I hunt I'm stuck in

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yes. I have rifles, a shotgun, revolvers and semi-automatic pistols.

I like to shoot targets, especially those made of aromatic woods like cedar.

I am an American by birth and a member of the NRA by choice because I believe that every person has a right to defend themselves. Our lives are our first "property."

People who do not share this belief are also called victims and slaves.

BandOnTheRun said, in part, "I pay the NYPD to be my firearm. I've always lived close to a precinct or near the donut/newspaper stores they frequent. They had better come protect me if I need help. It is a service I pay for with taxes."

One of my Uncles was a Marine who was wounded on Iwo Jima and then after WWII became a career NYC cop. You should have a chat with some of your local NYC cops about what you expect from them. They will adjust your understanding.

After you are murdered they will come and document the crime scene and make sure your corpse gets to the morgue. Then they will investigate your murder and, if a suspect is found, they will assist the state with the prosecution of the alledged perpetrators. Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.

• minimus
    minimus

Nathan, I love you.

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Remington 700 in .270 Win caliber--my hunting rifle

Marlin bolt-action .22LR--target shooting and small varmint control (it's illegal in some states, because the tubular magazine holds more than ten rounds)

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Nathan is so right Cops are never at the crime when its being comitted, unless their the ones comitting it. I have a shotgun and want to get a handgun with a permit to carry. To many nuts and JW's in this world.

• minimus
    minimus

Dont shoot the JWs.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

Who ever said a constitutional duty was involved. Both state and home rule legislation highly requlate police departments. New York has a Civilian Review Board. There was an inexcusable incident on the Columbia campus during my junior year. I ran for dear life when a NYC student screamed at the top of his lungs that the riot police were arriving. He used the NYC expression. The sad result is that the local kids knew to run and the mellow California and Midwest kids were pommelled by night sticks. I testified for an hour and a half. Seeing your classmates whacked repeatedly does something to you. Police have tons of statutory requirements.

Police are a local rule entity. A few matters are federal constitutional. Most matters are state ruled. Altho the NYPD is constantly defending federal constitutional challenges and statuory civil rights challeges.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

I used to have a deer rifle and a shotgun but sold them since I do not hunt anymore. I hunted from the time I was 12 or 13 with my Dad and continued even as a JW. Now I have handguns for personal protection and a legal concealed carry permit. I've been trained on their proper use! I'm also an NRA member and proud of it. If anyone kicks my door down and gains access while I'm home, they will most likely be carried out in a body bag.

Thank you Governor Corbet for signing the Castle Law.

HappyDad

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Glock 21 .45ACP

Mosin Nagant Type 53

Marlin XL-7 .30/06

Marlin 25n .22LR

Marlin 60 .22LR (The Boy's)

Mossberg 500 20GA

Mossberg 500 12GA Persuader

Remington 870 Express 12GA

Marlin .410 single (The Boy's)

H&R Topper 12GA

Hopkins and Allen 12GA single

Had a CMMG AR-15 but sold it to pay for Nursing School books.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit