"Jehovah ALWAYS had/used an organization". How would you reply?

by EdenOne 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Laika, as you can imagine, I'm not defending an "organization", so don't get me wrong. I'm only gathering valid arguments to counter it.

Eden

• Laika
    Laika

I know, I thought that's what I was doing.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

What was the organisation between Adam and Noah. What organisation did Lot belong to? In what way was God using the Jews as his organisation after the end of the kings and before Jesus. Who represented the organisation between the death of the Apostles and Russell, see Always been Jehovah's witnesses? Biblical history shows Jehovah has rarely used an organisation.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

JW answers I've gotten to "prove" god has always had an organization:

> Adam was god's "organization"

> Noah was god's "organization"

> Israel was god's "organization"...even when most of the nation had rejected Him

> The 2,000 years from 1st century to Russell- even though an organization can't be identified, it was there (no evidence but 100% proof)

No answer will convince a JW that an organization has not always existed. Stupid is as stupid does....

"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

• cult classic
    cult classic

If he always had an organization, why did he need to designate a faithful slave in 1919? Why were they the only ones standing out as different???

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I guess "Christendom" is GOD's organization, because they decided the Bible cannon. There was no FDS around to do it....

DD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I agree....ask them to name them then!

My thoughts go to..........Which scripture mentions the words 'organization' or even 'governing body' come to that?

Supposing the JWs mean Israel........If Jehovah(TM) uses an 'organization/s(R)' why did he allow them to become 'apostate(TM)'? Is imaginary sky daddy that useless that he can't prevent that? How do you know the WBT$ isn't 'apostate(TM)' now?

The Watchtower 1st March 1953 page 143 paragraph 12 says

''Ask yourself now, Did Christ Jesus, who set our example and told us to follow his example to gain life, join any church organization in his day? No, God does not require us to do that; but he requires us to worship him, to preach the good news of the Kingdom, to be Christians, to follow the example Jesus set, living in unalterable devotion to Jehovah God; to praise God and respect his supremacy, to resist all efforts to turn us from decency and to endure in faith. We have the Bible to show us the right way. Certainly it is not necessary for a person to become a member of a church to gain everlasting life''

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Cult Classic,

Great point! What was GOD's ever-present organization doing for 2,000 years? GOD's org was so far off the mark that CTR had to come and rediscover long lost "truths"??? JWs will try to get around this by saying that CTR was a " John the Baptizer " type, according to the new light about the FDS. Then who was the original FDS? Rutherford and Co., right? What "type" were they, if CTR was John the baptizer? If they FDS/GB represent Jesus, then why all the false teaching's from Rutherford and Co.???

Still, it's been said, " Stupid is as stupid does." The only dubs that care about any of this are the ones that visit JWN. I am not sure that you can reason with anyone who has not started reasoning for themselves.

DD

• pixel
    pixel

A visible organization is out of harmony with God’s divine plane. — Watch Tower, December 1, 1894, page 1743

Beware of “organization.” It is wholly unnecessary. — Watch Tower, September 13, 1895, page 1866.

Pixel.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

All I can say is that Jehovha(TM) couldn't organize a p*ss up in a brewery given his track record with organizations.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit