"Jehovah ALWAYS had/used an organization". How would you reply?

by EdenOne 108 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Betsy said:

Why did Russell not join that organization instead of starting a new one?

drops mike, walks away.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Jehovah ALWAYS had/used an organization".

Really what about those ancient civilizations that existed thousands of years before the established Hebrews ?

Oh that's right, the JWS don't think there were civilizations before the Hebrews.      

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

What organization was that during:

The middle ages? Surely it wasn't the Catholic church!

After Noah and before Abraham? A random guy here and there is not an "organization."

This is an absurd notion that just doesn't stand up to even a few moments of intelligent scrutiny.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Stop making sense, Oubliette! 

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

I just answer saying, No.

If I'm asked why I'd point out what some have already pointed out here, that even the Society acknowledges there was no central organization God was using for nearly 2,000 years. I'd say that's a gap.  

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Well if you feel the need to believe the bible... when Jesus showed up his organization. Was corrupt. In fact the Hebrews were disobedient more of the time worshiping baal than the big J. It's all nonsense 
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

EdenOne, Stop making sense, Oubliette!

Sorry, can't do that!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

MegaDude - "I didn't read through all the responses but my short and pithy reply to 'Jehovah always used an organization' is to say 'Jehovah always destroyed his organization'."

Nice.

I actually once used a similar tactic with my JW mom when the subject of the child abuse trials came up; I said to her, "In the Bible, God used the surrounding pagan nations to punish his 'chosen nation' of Isreal when they got out of line. Who's to say that isn't what's happening, now?"

• cha ching
    cha ching

Besty:  In reply to my sister's "God's alway's had an organization!", I asked my sister "Who was the organization before Russell?"    

HOWEVER, I believe simply asking Besty's:  "Why didn't Russell join it?"   gets to the heart of the matter much faster...  

I would love to see more of these  

Great question!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit