New development in my life

by EdenOne 99 Replies latest jw friends

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Thank you Kate.

We have more family "in", and I won't pursue getting them "out" - I'll just let our example influence them, if they allow for that.

For me, the important ones to free were those in my own household. Accomplished!

Of course, we now expect plenty of peer pressure from family, friends, elders and whatnot as we're quite "visible" in our circuit.

Eden

• yadda yadda 2
  • EdenOne
    EdenOne

Yadda

• Ignoranceisbliss
    Ignoranceisbliss

Edenone

Thanks for sharing your story. Usually people in your situation get disfellowshipped. It's nice to see an example of someone who didn't. Was the apostasy talk a "marking talk"?

Congrats on getting your wife out!

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I'm happy for you, EdenOne. Though I'm curious to hear what happened to convince her. On the previous page of this thread she was still defensive of the religion. Fill us in on the details when you have the time, unless it would be unwise to give too many details.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

All I will say for now is that this is all the more surprising as the "close person" I have mentioned before that turned me in to the elders was precisely my wife.

Eden

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Hmm!

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Wow, your wife? And they say this religion doesn't tear families apart.

Glad she's come around.

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

Bracing ourselves ... Big s**t storm raging ...

Eden

• Hoffnung
    Hoffnung

once on the radar, it takes years to be too low to be seen. do you want to give any details

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit