The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• tec
    tec

Thanks for clearing that up, lol... i was wondering what kind of wacky theory people had come up with for that.

I watched some of a documentary on that dust bowl a while back. That was interesting! Makes you wonder sometimes about the connections/repurcussions/effects we DON'T see and understand. Yet.

Peace,

tammy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Makes you wonder sometimes about the connections/repurcussions/effects we DON'T see and understand. Yet.

Exactly.

• KateWild
    KateWild

My word cofty, you were up until 430am and said nothing really thought provoking in that time except for

"God does not exists because there is suffering on earth"-cofty

I think you are surrounded. But well done on the fine fight. Believers won this thread. Well done good show.

Kate xx

• zound
    zound

What kind of stats/info were you interested in regarding the fox experiment? I'm doing some research on that at the moment.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Manna works well also. If god produced Manna to feed starving people once why is (He) not feeding and helping the 18,000 children who starve to death every single day.

Excellent point made here

smiddy

• smiddy
    smiddy

Natural evil. So a tsunami is natural evil. Doesn't that personify the tsunami? Human beings do have control over living on islands and coastlines. I was raised on the gulf of Mexico, the coast. We knew there was risk of hurricanes, but we chose to live there. The earth is full of powerful weather conditions and moving plates, etc. Would you live near an active volcano? Volcanos prove there is not a god?

So God knows where earthquakes , tsunamis , volcanoes , twisters , landslides , tectonic plates , etc.etc. occur but he has no interest in informing his creation of the danger .,so that they dont live in these areas that ultimately cause death and destruction to man woman and child.

Wouldnt you forewarn people of the danger of living in such high risk areas ? Hell , imperfect humans do it all the time .But apparently the almighty God hasnt the heart to do so . He certainly has not incorporated it in scripture where the faithfull would abide unconditionally .

smiddy

• KateWild
    KateWild

What kind of stats/info were you interested in regarding the fox experiment? I'm doing some research on that at the moment.-zound

As the generations passed down the tameness and colour of fur changed. I wondered of it was directly proportional and how they could measure this. You can measure patches of colour, but tameness???

I would be interested is seeing tabulated results and graphs or charts, not just methodology. I want to exprapolate the data myself, anyone can number crunch.

Look forward to seeing what you have found.

Kate xx

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

"Maybe man should consider not living so close to coast." - FHN

FHN- regions prone to disaster, i.e. where the tectonic plates meet, because of such plate activity have fresh water naturally travelling through them. This brings vegetation and animals. Hence it brings humans too and these regions are long settled, long developed.

If god didnt want us living there, maybe he should,have mentioned it instead of.... Chronicles? Or maybe not have us wanting to eat food or drink water.

I can't believe how desperate some people have to get in order to defend their beliefs, it is sincerely sad to see. FHN you are smarter than that and we are talking about millions of dead people.

• KateWild
    KateWild

I can't believe how desperate some people have to get in order to defend their beliefs-snare

We are not desperate, we just want the lurkers to see the full picture, one can believe what one wishes. This is the point of this forum for me. I will defend myself when you God bash me, of course I will snare, but I will not bash atheists personally, I will attack their silly ideas. Cofty is being silly on this thread.

Kate xx

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It isn't personal, I was talkng about the comment:

"Maybe man should consider not living so close to coast." - FHN

We do so for natural reasons, such comments are silly and have no logic to them other than defence of belaeif that it is a humans fault for dying. But each to their own, I had to consider such things when I left too, I guess people come to different conclusions. But it is important to know WHY humans live near fault lines. We do so,for natural reasons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit