The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• besty
    besty

@kate "believers won this thread"

because you say so?

ok summarise it for me:

"God observed the impending 2004 Tsunami and did nothing because <<<<your bit goes here>>>>

Please complete the sentence above.

• KateWild
    KateWild

You make some good points but you said...........

If god didnt want us living there, maybe he should,have mentioned it instead of.... Chronicles? Or maybe not have us wanting to eat food or drink water.-Snare

That's a start you believe there is a God, but why are you adopting anthromorphism to him, you wouldn't to a bee would you. If a bee did not act to save a suffereing bee and was indifferent to the needs of other bees, would you call tthe bee cruel? More to the point would you conlclude that bees don't exist.

It is true that species become extinct too, because of their indifference to survive, so snare would you conclude that the species never in fact existed? Gatcha clever cloggs.

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Okay besty I will...................

"God observed the impending 2004 Tsunami and did nothing because <<<<We cannot adopt anthromorphism to God, he is not human, the knowledge of God is in science, this fuels my enquirey as to why he is indifferent, it does not stop me from thinking he exists>>>>

Kate xx

• besty
    besty

<<<<We cannot adopt anthromorphism to God, he is not human, the knowledge of God is in science, this fuels my enquirey as to why he is indifferent, it does not stop me from thinking he exists>>>>

in other words you have no idea what is going on but you believe because you want to?

EDIT : REMOVED <OFF TOPIC> What are the results of your scientific enquiry as to the nature of god so far?

• KateWild
    KateWild

You are putting words into my mouth there besty.

Many who believe in God and the bibile will have fatih that Gods thoughts are higher than ours Isa 55.8,9. Its about having faith, if you want to God bash me for that feel free, I am bullet proof, richochet, fire away. LOL gotcha too smarty pants

Kate xx / Sam xx

• besty
    besty

@kate - earlier you said:

I simply cannot answer the question of why God permits suffering.

When I gave you the opportunity above to fill in the blanks you didn't hesitate to enlighten me. What changed for you during the last 12 pages?

The net net result of all believer posts on this thread is 'we don't know'. That's the only possible answer you can give because none of the other possibilities agree with the Christian belief system, hold up to rational scrutiny or are just plain perverse.

You believe because you want to - please don't tart that up with fake science or appeals to 'black hole signals being a message from God' - it's embarassing to watch and just a new variant on worshipping the sun.

We don't believe because there is no evidence.

How you can say believers 'won this thread' is suitably irrational and without evidence, but I guess you also want to believe that.

• KateWild
    KateWild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cst7K_7jxYo

hahahaha!!!

Love you all to bits, its just a laugh Kate xx

• besty
    besty

@kate

Many who believe in God and the bibile will have fatih that Gods thoughts are higher than ours Isa 55.8,9.

can't resist a bit of anthropomorphism when it suits your purpose?

• KateWild
    KateWild

What changed for you during the last 12 pages?

I am afrais you are making assumptions besty, it's no change really if you read it carefully I said said the same thing in different ways. But I have been to the gym, reading Einstein, and meditating on theology, sleeping. So I can express my beliefs and my faith in a confident manner

All of us are changing everyday and deprogramming, but I remain stable about why I believe in God

Kate xx

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sorry besty, it is my understanding this scipture is NOT adopting antromorphism to God. How do you define anthromorphic? Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit