The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This thread is exclusvely about natural evil over which humans have no control

Natural evil. So a tsunami is natural evil. Doesn't that personify the tsunami? Human beings do have control over living on islands and coastlines. I was raised on the gulf of Mexico, the coast. We knew there was risk of hurricanes, but we chose to live there. The earth is full of powerful weather conditions and moving plates, etc. Would you live near an active volcano? Volcanos prove there is not a god?

• cofty
    cofty

Maybe man should consider not living so close to coast. - FHN

You get the award for the dumbest comment in 12 pages. Congratulations!

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Thanks Cofty

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Oh yes, you call it the dumbest comment, but you know it true. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that if you live in a dangerous area, your odds of getting in the way of danger go up exponentially.

• tec
    tec

Not blaming God for suffering does not equal trivializing suffering. Some defences might seem to do so, and I understand that.

Using suffering to promote an agenda of anti-theism on the other hand...? That is USING the suffering of others to promote an agenda. How is that not worse than someone giving a possibly lame defense?

Peace,

tammy

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

LOL! Do you people ever stop and read the thread before commenting? I was responding to theists who claim that god decided not to intervene in the tsunami for whatever reason.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Who caused the dustbowl, here in the USA? It's a fascinating subject to learn about.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Looks like this one is over and buried....

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'll come look at this tomorrow night. Have to work in the morning and give my weary self some much needed rest. It's been a long day. I have noted many times on this forum that people use the logic that if there was a god, god would solve hunger, fix everything. God doesn't, so further proof there isn't a god. I don't find it answering the god question. I see people making choices that affect each other and our environment. Then there is nature. Man has some effect on nature. Nature affects nature and man. Scientists don't know all the answers, the non believers and believers among them. Religion sure doesn't have all of the answers. I can agree with you, Cofty that some believers can say some pretty puzzling things after a disaster. An example would be blaming the wild life in New Orleans for the Katrina disaster. That kind of thing sickens me.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Wild life meaning wild lifestyle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit