The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

I feel like I am being told just to put this on the shelf because God does care. I am afraid I have to see evidence that God cares, I believe he created us caliber, I just can't reconcile trusting in him or that he cares anymore.

So what you're saying is that God is like Dean, the King of Empty Promises:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lHxugvam5M

• KateWild
    KateWild

Apogs,

Thanks that was funny. Thanks, I was having a bad day it cheered me up. Take care Kate xx

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It is just a triangle with 60 degree angles (isoceles), that causes a visual confusion by implying the shape is going in 3 different directions, depending which corner you focus on.

This is simply achieved by using two tones (can be any colour), and playing on human experience of shadow. Each corner uses the two tones, one light one dark, of green to imply either a rear projection, a forward or a sideways projection.

It is logical, explainable and ... a pointless waste of time.

P.s. I hate math.

• caliber
    caliber

jgnat ...Now explain in one simple sentence what mobius strip means to you and why It gives me mental confusion ?

How it relates to acts or non-acts of God.... we as humans cannot relate in simple terms to all outworkings of God

Sorry S&R I ddn't see your post when I made the above statement

• cofty
    cofty

Its as if you haven't read a single post in this thread Caliber

• humbled
    humbled

Kate,I feel for you. I wish I had something funny for you,too.

Wait! here's something funny--about my messed up perceptionof God: God helped me tremendously many years ago. Now I can see that others don't get any help from him so I am telling god that he can't play favorites--I don't believe in him anymore!

!!!????

Maeve

• jgnat
    jgnat

I did, caliber. Your confusion is your own.

• caliber
    caliber

Now explain in one simple sentence what mobius strip means to you and why It gives me mental confusion ?

I did, caliber. Your confusion is your own. ~~~Jgnat

Please re-quote your laymen's simple answer .. I fail to see it .....clear up my confusion for me

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

This is so telling...

"Now explain in one simple sentence what mobius strip means to you and why It gives me mental confusion ?"

Now Explain... you expect much and offer little, also where are your manners

in one simple sentence...... why this constraint? Is it ego, is it bias or is it control?

what mobius strip means to you..... why do you think they, you , humans are that important.. its a shape and we are dust in the universe

and why it gives me mental confusion........ No Comment.

• jgnat
    jgnat

D-uh, it's a mobius strip. The rest is looking up the definition. For greater fun, make one. Touch it, feel it, cut it in half. Smell it. Now you know a one-sided object in three dimensions. All short, simple stentences.

Now, in one simple sentence, explain how a fully just, loving, and omnipotent God would fail to act before a tsunami.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit