The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

I find physics reassuring and calming and awe inspiring, I feel more 'spiritual' about physics than I ever did about the god that drowned his children because he felt regret that he had made them.

Your god has past, he has done it before willingly and had it penned in his book. I sincerely don't belive in him or the account but it is there in the bible and indefensible, nevermind the mystery of his existence and his involvement in a tsunami.

Physics puts my problems, my wants and needs and my fears into perspective, something no religion could.

This is a real photo of Saturn and its rings. The white dot..... earth.

• caliber
    caliber

caliber Facts of faith or faith in facts which will you chose ?

This is the stumbling block. Faith does not have facts~~ Glad

facts of faith.. God's facts ..... it is a fact that faith moves people

Faith rests on God's facts

Proverbs 3;5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

• cofty
    cofty

"God's Facts" - Oh dear!

If anybody is reading this thread and puzzling over matters of faith please compare the previous two posts.

Catching up with the last few pages...

• KateWild
    KateWild

Proverbs 3;5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.-caliber

Thank you for your support caliber, but this scripture reminds me of my JC. I don't think trusting in a God that permits suffering helps me. This scripture has been a unsatisfying answer to the questions in my personal life and my son's problems. Not to mention the tsunami and the suffering that came from that.

I feel like I am being told just to put this on the shelf because God does care. I am afraid I have to see evidence that God cares, I believe he created us caliber, I just can't reconcile trusting in him or that he cares anymore. People lie and cause harm to others, natural diasters ruin lives, I don't think God cares at all. I am afraid I don't trust God.

Love Kate xx

• jgnat
    jgnat

Wisdom says you must trust God for the ultimate answer - caliber

I thought that was Solomon in Proverbs. I am pretty sure Wisdom herself has not made an appearance to straighten things out.

Athena

Using the bible as confirmation on itself won't win over an athiest. Without using the bible, what is wisdom? Regarding the tsunami, we are talking about compassion, love, justice and suffering. Natural wisdom would dictate that the loving act is superior, to eliminate suffering preferable, and it is unjust to fail to act if you have foreknowledge of a disaster.

• humbled
    humbled

Caliber, The sacred secret was revealed *. It was revealed in Jesus and him crucified. Paul said it. Not that it changed the waiting game to see if it's true or not.

Was Paul wrong?

because Paul made a claim that is a repeat of the earliest claims that god watches over his holy ones. And there is no proof of it. again 1 Cor. 15:19-20"If we have hoped in Christ in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied..."

All of us lead lives as before: fraught with peril, suffering and death. And now, on top of that, we have figure to out who has written the least delusional revelation about God's promises while we are scrubbing diapers or chopping cotton---or peddling mango juice to tourists before a tsunami strikes us dead.

I typed in "who said we have to be saved?". I saw from all sides those who (claim to) understand the sacred secret are flogging the "right religion" idea. I must discern who of them holds the keys to salvation--the "right way" to god.

Selling God's protection plan.

Lots of conflict. Everyone claims holy spirit too.

Paul thought his was a theological breakthrough(sacred secret)--but here we are again. Asking the same question: Where is the good/just God?

Paul devalued Jesus' teachings to promote this new insurance plan. Paul talked about the "love" but it was the "believing the resurrection" that he emphasized. What he didn't realize was that there were altruist out there who cared less for the empty/unprovable declarations and cared more for the love teachings. Then and now.

*of course i have to edit to remind us all that the sacred secret is only for the sons of god--only a few people.

• caliber
    caliber

Explain with logical facts what is happening with this triangle ? To see is to understand right ?

"the sacred secret” is a secret with many facets. It is not simply the identification of Jesus as being the promised Seed or Messiah ..we don't get it all yet

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

caliber“acts of faith.. God's facts ..... it is a fact that faith moves people”

Let me repeat that I have empathy for you in your need to believe. I cannot assist you in seeking comfort from your god. I would like to bring you closer to the wonder of reality and how fantastic it is to be a part of it, if only for a short time. There are others here that can assist you better. I urge you to listen to their wisdom. Take care.

• Viviane
    Viviane

That's not a triangle, that's a drawing.

• jgnat
    jgnat

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%B6bius_strip

D-uh. Mobius strip. How does this relate to natural justice as a response to natural disaster?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit