The Pastor of my Old Church Tried to Re-Convert Me Yesterday

by cofty 2596 Replies latest jw experiences

• Simon
    Simon

Thank you my sister. May you also have peace from our Lord.

You've been told umpteen times to tone this crap down but here we are again.

Simon, I may have to go for a bit, as I have some things to do at home, and also have work this afternoon/evening. But I do want to want to and will answer your questions. I would ask and hope that you withhold judgment from what others SAY I believe and feel and do, until I can answer you myself, and honestly.

I've decided it would be better if you just go. At best this forum is just enabling your delusion to continue. At worse you simply derail topics and aggrevate other posters because ultimately, you simply say "I believe [some nonsense]" and repeat and repeat and repeat without regard to other people's opinions or logic. You flip-flop on what your beliefs are, what bible verses you will accept (one minute you don't believe the old testament and then you're quoting old testament verses) and basically dance around refusing to be pinned down on anything and selectively ignoring any point that is inconvenient to you.

I don't believe you are capable of answering honestly or taking part in a proper discussion which is what this forum is here for, not for you to preach your vile beliefs that babies dying in agony and torment is somehow "good". I think you simply need help, but we're not able to prescribe the kind of help I think you need so goodbye.

• cofty
    cofty

since we can already conceive of circumstances under which such a conclusion ( the existence of a loving higher being is impossible in the light of the tsunami) would be false based upon limited information - Flamegrilled

I didn't grant that.

I said that you can have a deity that lets a quarter of a million die in a tsunami. I was very clear that you cannot have a loving god that does so.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Tec, I doubt anyone except your chums would want to see yet more of your copious drivel in here derailing the thread, if you really really must tell Simon all about it then take it to pm please.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Must resist urge to do happy dance, .......must resist.....

• dazed but not confused
  • Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I've decided it would be better if you just go. Simon.

Wow. I am so disappointed to read this from someone who I have respected and admired for some years now, who's provided a home for ex JWs of all kinds, who have chosen many different roads to inner peace. So no more neutrality then? Atheism rules here Simon? Surely not?

Loz x

• Simon
    Simon

Respect rules here. Tec is simply here to preach her nonsense, nothing more. She's had many requests to tone down her in-you-face religious greetings which I believe are intentionally designed to annoy people. They annoy me.

Ultimately, this is a discussion forum to discuss. She doesn't do that. She wants to just make statements and everyone accept them and the statements she makes are abhorent, really, they deserve to be put in the box marked "loathsome beliefs that people have dreamt up" which usually revolve around other peoples lives being totally worthless and expendable.

We're not here to provide a platform for such nonsense. People can have beliefs and if they discuss things in a rational way they are welcome to debate them here as many do. Stop trying to twist things.

• cofty
    cofty

Atheism does not rule here Loz that is disingenuous.

Personally I love having conversations with people who have opposite views to mine. If somebody doesn't know how to have a conversation then what's the point?

Tammy is better suited to a blog with the comments switched off than a discussion forum.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

It is quite simple.... inhumane, delusional, immoral thoughts are repugnant, be them from a JW platform or a religious fundementalist.

To dissect and hijack a thread for 70 pages, offering such reasoning as infanticide and genocide as being acceptable, then conclude with an explination of "ths spirit" told me, offers nothing to this forum or society in general, other than abhorrent, attention seeking white noise.

Atheism rules?...... I think every single christian and muslim friend I have in my life right now would find Tec's words disgraceful.

It isn't a competition, atheism v theism, think bigger. That comment just sounded like an attempt to jar Simon ( a believer) to remember whose theological side he is on. Irrelevant and a cheap shot. That kind of mindest won't see you finding any truth, there isn't sides, there is REALITY and WRONG.

We all talk these things over because it is healthy and productive. Talking to people with other beliefs is why we all come back for more. When people post WHY they believe or WHY they are an atheist, they offer the world their beliefs and reasoning behind it. Shake them, prove them wrong so that I can get nearer to the truth. But to satisfy one person's need to believe, this thread has deviated so far into delusion, it has become distasteful. To conclude it is as a result of atheist dominance is insincere and a lazy cop-out.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Personally I love having conversations with people who have opposite views to mine.-cofty

Me too, life would be boring if we all believed the same thing. Kate xx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit