i wish more churches would preach truth like this

by unstopableravens 258 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• besty
    besty

he's only 1 god away from being an atheist...that is our hope for him :-)

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Cofty, a fly dies because it was not intended to live forever,

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Besty, our hope for you is , your one god away from regeneration.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Wait a minute! Doctor Who regenerates without Jesus or Pastor what's his face. Maybe we dont need them after all.

• besty
    besty

Besty, our hope for you is , your one god away from regeneration

I have no idea what that means - but Happy New Year in any case :-)

• cofty
    cofty

Chritians talk in metaphhors that they don't understand themselves.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Posting a one hour sermon with no comments or direction on why you are posting it is asinine. Can I be saved from further turd posts by you?

• poppers
    poppers

I guess the reason for posting it is in the title's thread, Comatose. I watched the whole thing, but don't buy into any of it. For me it is so manipulative - just another emotional blackmailing attempt to guilt people into becomeing true/real Christians.

• cofty
    cofty

"Make your audience feel deep existential guilt" is step one of preaching the gospel.

"Make them fear being eternally punished for this manufactured guilt" is step two.

"Offer a deceptively easy solution" is step three.

"Now make them feel grateful for giving them a solution to a problem they didn't know they had" is the last move.

• humbled
    humbled

If being a christian means following Jesus, then it should free us from institutional religion. It would mean we are free from following a crowd or even one man. It would mean we are capable of reflection on the futility of reacting to our family and the strictures of a "faith" community.

Salvation may mean rising above these things. Even if we die we can "repent" of former behavior and live without the burden of guilt.

I wonder what Jesus might have been and might have taught. Really.

The problem with finding a "good" sermon in a church is that the preacher is in a church at all.

If we can't trust the bible (I can't), then preaching from it is perilous.

There were other ancient writings that reflect a different Jesus, Ravens. That Jesus would outrage church preachers.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit