i wish more churches would preach truth like this

by unstopableravens 258 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

Tammy - Jesus did not proscribe public prayer. It is a valid part of corporate worship. He judged private prayer performed in public for reasons of self-righteousness.

Please try to pay attention to context.

Setting aside for a moment the sin in the flesh that causes this flesh to get sick and die

Purile nonsense

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

sin in the flesh that causes this flesh to get sick and die.

Luckily, we have real science and medicine available to us. Imagine a world run by this idiocy.

• tec
    tec

Well, I was going to ask you what you meant by corporate worship, but I googled what the bible says about 'it':

http://www.openbible.info/topics/corporate_worship

I didn't see much in there about public prayers, such as the one the preacher gave in Unstop's video. Lots of teaching, singing, praising, coming together, encouraging, etc, etc. There was one verse mentioning prayer, but it did not mention public prayer. "They devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread, and to prayer."

But that is just listing things that the early Christians did.

Nothing in there contradicted what Christ taught:

"But when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. When you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, wh is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is doen in secret, will reward you."

Again, he who is faithful in least, is faithful in much.

And I don't see there "But when you pray (your private prayers)... go into your room, close the door... But when you pray other prayers "corporate worship" prayers, yeah, you can do those on street corners and in synagogues, to be seen by men." Christ did not make an exception for the TYPE of prayers. In fact, the example he gives of how to pray IN CONTEXT is not a personal prayer at all. But rather, the "Our Father" prayer.

The context is how to pray. Christ even goes on to elaborate on that point, including giving a prayer TO teach (word and example). So you can pray with your children to teach them also. Mind you, I know that your background after wts is evangelical, and I'm guessing that you made many such 'corporate worship' prayers? Even though you believe your faith to have been false, you still believe you were 'doing it' the right way, this second time around at least? The 'it was false, but I was doing the false thing right' makes little sense to me, but may be easier to help with unbelief.

But have you watched the video and prayer, Cofty? Maybe do that before you take issue with someone commenting on it.

(as for the other thing you took issue with... I did say, setting that aside. I notice that you had nothing to say about the rest)

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

Once again Tammy appeals to scripture as her authority about what Jesus did or didn't say. The irony!

• tec
    tec

You mean the gospel verses that contradicts what YOU say and what you once DID? The scripture you claim to have once followed?

Nice deflection though.

Peace,

tammy

• cofty
    cofty

You condemn most of the bible and yet arbitrarily snatch words out of context to support your personal theology.

Your voice-hearing cult just keeps getting weirder.

• tec
    tec

I don't condemn anything. Not accepting something as truth that is against Christ.... or accepting that something might be mistranslated or have been subject to scribal error (which one can know if one listens to Christ, even if one just listens to what he is written to have said over what anyone else is written to have said)... is not condemning. It is, however, discerning... and holding all up to the Light and the Truth, that is Christ.

Even though, if one does want to take the bible as a whole, then the conclusion of that bible is that one is to listen to Christ. If there is something in contradiction with Christ (not just something that SEEMS to be in contradiction with Him), how can both be truth, and how do you know which one is true? Well. It is kinda stated in black and white.

Christ says, "I am the Truth."

God says, "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to Him."

You're still deflecting.

Peace,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Tec, there are few well known preachers that I will say are rock solid , not perfect but solid. Sorry, you mis judge

His prayer. Listen to whole sermo. You may like what you hear, maybe not

• tec
    tec

Unstop, what is there to misjudge about praying in public verses praying in private... according to Christ?

I will listen to the whole sermon if you like (well, I'll try... but if he contradicts Christ or teaches other than Christ teaches, then I might not make it through the whole thing) and we can discuss that. Because IF he speaks true, then his words will hold up to the Light who is Christ. Not contradict them. (and you did say that his sermon is about those who claim to be christian but do not do what Christ said to do, right?)

Me, I won't say who is rock solid or not, and obviously no man is perfect. But I will test WHAT they say, against Christ and what HE says. Because Christ is the one I follow, and Him alone.

I'll get back to you on the rest when I watch the rest.

Peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

tammy

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

Tec, I'm glad you will check it out. As far as prayer in public jesus was addressing motive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit