Another new member here to share her experience

by One Last Kiss 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Ding
    Ding

Welcome!

I'm send you a PM.

• Hortenzie
    Hortenzie

Welcome OLK, I went through a similar process. The worst part was to find out that people, who I thought were my friends, didn't care about me. I stopped cold turkey after 15 years of full activity, and the only calls I got were from the BS conductor inquiring about my FS hours for the month. It took me another 7 years to fully stop believing that JW have the Truth. Finally now, I live happily WT-free and love it.

I wish you all the best on your journey and hope you get there much faster than I did.

As for your Mom, the only way she can live guilt-free and be happy is to prove to herself that what the WT teaches is NOT the truth.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Welcome, good for you for figuring it all out. I know it's rough right now, but it will get better. You are young yet and will make many friends and have a great life. I feel bad for your mom, hopefully you will be able to help her see the truth about the truth. It's so sad that they get you two ways, either you stay and waste your life, or leave and feel guilty. You are ahead of the game in knowing that they are not God's organization, just a bunch of men who misrepresent themselves.

Glad you made it.

• clarity
    clarity

OneLastKiss ... great to hear your critical thinking

is still intact!

Nice 1st post ...are you still living with your parents,

and making plans for your further education?

Welcome, great to have you here!

clarity

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Frickin' awesome post! Thanks...

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

We were also a spiritually weak family. B/c the family involvement started with Russell, we felt we were superior to the recent converts. The KH was full of distinctions and judging others. My father made us attend yet never took a lead. It was sad b/c we failed on both ends. Worldlies counted us as strange. Witnesses counted us as strange. My poor Mom married my Bethelite father when he was at his peak, giving public lectures at large events. He resigned from Bethel (you had to if you married before Knorr married) and was neither in nor out.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Quite an introduction, welcome OneLastKiss! It takes time to recover from being in the org, so I know in time you'll find yourself in a much better place. I can relate to the situation you have with your mother, where you don't know if you should try to show them the truth about the truth (TTATT) or not. Do you think she would listen, or would she have a panicky "apostaphobia" reaction?

I noticed several little old sisters gingerly making their way over the ice, slipping and sliding while the greeting brothers watched from the entranceway. Then I remembered that my congregation elders don’t grit in bad weather as it would make them liable.

Wow. I had a similar realization, based in something completely different, but when I realized that the organization was Pharisaical and unloving, it really did take a burden off my shoulders. I was still a "believer" and had been feeling guilty about my inactivity until I saw that they could not possibly have the truth and behave so much like the same group that Jesus constantly berated in the Bible.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Welcome from another Brit.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

It certainly is bewildering at first, but you sound like someone who has an amazing amount of strength. Please set some goals for yourself. Hobbies you never had time for? More education? Please don't let the WTS have another minute of your life.

Maybe you can just avoid the subject for now with your family. In the future you may be able to bring up some subjects without argument, but for now, just get your own bearings.

Glad you are with us, and that you are using your brain and thinking for yourself! Yes-independent thinking! Away from the "herd" mentality.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

OMFG, I was not familiar with the song but Billy the Ex'es posted version with lyrics does show that BLOW ME (One More Kiss) is the perfect song. Thanks for sharing your story.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit