Another new member here to share her experience

by One Last Kiss 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

Ooo, thanks everybody for such a lovely warm welcome, internet hi fives all round!

Really appreciate each response, thanks for taking the time to wade through my post ;)

Clarity: “...are you still living with your parents, and making plans for your further education?” I’m late twenties and still living with parents, we get on well and it enables my savings to grow! :) I’m very fortunate to have found a job that I love with fantastically supportive colleagues who don’t yet know I’ve left the religion. You would all be delighted at the line of work I’m in but I daren’t say for fear of being recognised :(

OnTheWayOut: yes indeedy the song is exquisitely apt for our situations, so similar to a toxic relationship, thanks for the vid Billy the Ex, oh how I’d like to address the GB in person with that one line… ;D

Dis-Member: I feel your bitterness towards these people who think that without meeting attendance we’re going to be annihilated and yet aren’t motivated to care for us in even the smallest way! Can only assume they don’t actually believe any of it or are so selfish as to want nothing but their own salvation. Either way… Distance and contemplating alternative world views are the way forward, never act or speak to active JWs out of frustration and anger, it’ll all go to pot.

Jen1: it’s horrible to feel like you’re in no man’s land, neither a JW or a ‘normal’ person but something inbetween. Hang in there, I’m sure we’ll all figure this out together :)

Julia Orwell: the awakening process finally made Jeremiah’s words a reality for me “..it proved to be like a burning fire shut up in my bones and I got tired of holding in…” no matter how much you want to go back to ignorance and bliss, once you know, you know. Feeling lied to and abandoned sucks, crying myself to sleep and yelling at God were par for the course at first and then one day realised the world was still turning, life goes on and I should probably get out there and give something back!

All this support and encouragement is a heady experience, not used to such things lol, looks like I might just be able to tackle whatever madness is yet to come my way… ‘Apostates’ Assemble!

One Last Kiss x

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Welcome OLK ! so many of us empathise with your position and your feelings, we have been through more or less exactly the same. I am in the U.K too, about 50 miles from London. I was born in, and in until my late 50's ! all of my immediate family were, and are still, in.

To walk away, and do a "fade" was far from easy, I was lucky that my born-in wife joined me straight away on the journey to sanity and freedom.

We both feel it is the best thing we have done in recent years. It takes a bit of time to build new friendships, and we have lost our childhood friends who were all JW's, and of course my JW family has little or no contact with me, I am a "spiritual danger" apparently !

I think Mrs Phizzy and I have drawn much closer since leaving, we are closer to our (non-JW) children too.

Every day it gets easier and better, so just keep going, and remember there is a wealth of experience on here to tap in to, whatever gets thrown at you.

You may wish to consider joining one of the XJW Meet-up groups, we have made good friends in such groups, who of course fully understand, and offer great support too.

Good Luck ! keep posting !

• flipper
    flipper

BTTT, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Just wanted to check and see how everything is going. I enjoyed your post.

• jhine
    jhine

Welcome , like Miss.Fit i am curious as to your progress. Please update us .

Jan

• suavojr
    suavojr

welcome OLK and thanks for sharing! You will notice it will get better with time but don't be surprised if some days you feel blue, but never doubt that you made the correct decision.

• bigmac
    bigmac

i missed this thread a month ago--but heres the link to many other UK members:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/197364/1/ex-jw-uk#.Uws68uN_vwo

• KateWild
    KateWild

I missed the thread last month. Thank you for eventually posting. Welcome One Last Kiss, it seems your transition is going ok so far. I hope your parents continue to have a good healthy relationship with you inspite of you leaving, it sounds like your mum will not condem you for not going to meetings as she has not been going.

Take care

Kate xx

• One Last Kiss
    One Last Kiss

Update incoming :)

Since my first post have come to the conclusion that I very much need to move out soon. Mum's had to have contact with an uber popular JW family which has increased the amount of positive things she has to say about the Org. Not being able to openly point out all their wrongdoings and reason things out with her is one of the most frustrating experiences I've ever known. As she's getting older, her thoughts are turning to everything she hasn't done right in the eyes of her overlords ie. meeting attendance and ministry, even though in her own words - 'how can I go out in field service and draw people into an organisation I can't even bring myself to attend?" I HATE what they're doing to her mind, she's worth 10,000 GB members, curse them!

In other news - family members have become aware that I'm not going to meetings thanks to our circuits apparent love of congregation swapping and gossiping ugh. Suddenly noticed they were trying to subliminally 'encourage' me in the wonders of The Truth™ by whipping out video of the history of JWs museum in NY and the creation slideshow thing Had to plaster a vague smile on my face and go to a faraway happy place in my mind to save from scoffing at such blatant propaganda.

They are slowly pulling me out of my live-and-let-live phase and into one that includes plotting their eternal downfall! Really want them to attempt to wheel a Folly Trolly (otherwise known as a literature stand) onto my campus so I can have it removed whilst informing one and all of their despicable stance on higher education.

Oo, didn’t mean to go off on a rant there hugs to you all!

One Last Kiss x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit