Another new member here to share her experience

by One Last Kiss 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Jen1
    Jen1

Welcome and thanks for sharing.

I am longing for friends. And have none.

I would love for us all to get together, but am scared I will tell to much

and get disf. am starting to wonder why, because lots do not speak to

me anyway, because I miss meetings, fs.

Take care x

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Welcome from another fellow Brit. That song really resonated with me too. I certainly saw that same sort of treatment you describe of the the families of those with no status in the congregation. It's really just a big old boys club.

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Wow, awesome story.... well done for being so brave, sorry for the reality of it all ,but also welcome to the rest of your life.... It gets good ;) x

• cult classic
    cult classic

Hi there.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Your story really resonated with me. It's amazing how slowly, but surely, the awakening process takes place, with a widening gulf between what the religion teaches and what the Bible says and reality. I to noticed how in the last few years it became all Obey Obey Obey the GB. I too noticed the renewed assaults against tertiary education, and the increase of cult-like reasoning. That and, I could no longer make excuses for the logical fallacies or perform the mental gymnastics needed to reconcile their teachings with the world as it really is. Between the constant mental battle against reality and the guilt and abuse they crush you with, it's easy to see why so many of us come out of the cult with our minds frazzled.

The healing process is a slow one, and it takes time to get your confidence back and have some pride in your accomplishments. It also takes time to renegotiate your views of things the cult supplied a canned view for. It's a long journey and we're all on the path together here.

• alecholmesthedetective
    alecholmesthedetective

Whoa OLK, welcome!

So now I’ve sort of come to terms with things but am unable to vent to anyone

Please vent away, you'll feel better putting it our of your system.

Do work on getting new friends. I survived the last year or so without contact from my old KH friends who haven't called me, maybe emailed me twice to say 'come to the meetings, we miss you', and without my family, all of whom are in.

It has been my girlfriend (non JW) who gave me the personal support I needed. And I've done a lot of venting online. My gf and I are both instropective people who don't have loads of friends, but we have a few close ones. As the year ends it dawned on me how I don't need my family's/friend's conditional love to survive.

So, by all means, make connections, go out, have fun, enjoy yourself.

Take it easy on searching for all the answers, it's overwhelming, it takes time. You've got the rest of your life. But I say this: don't let guilt and fear paralyse you--these are the WT's weapons over the rank and file. Trust us, it's OK, your life is yours now, go and live it in peace.

We're here for you!

• flipper
    flipper

ONE LAST KISS- It's really nice to have you here my friend. Your story resonates so deeply with most of us here as many of us ( including myself ) had doubts for years before we finally mustered up the courage to leave and stop attending meetings. I've been out over 10 years now and I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. I experience some shunning from family still JW's - but the freedom of mind was worth it. We are here as a support to you and offer you our unconditional friendship and accept you . Thanks for sharing your amazing story. Very well written and expressed ! Really enjoyed it

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Welcome, hope all goes well...

• Captain Blithering
    Captain Blithering

Hey, well done for working it out buddy! There's plenty of us in the UK, some out, some still in, ALL incredibly supportive. Welcome to life!

• Adiva
    Adiva

Well done One Last Kiss. Your story tastes really good with my morning cup of coffee.

Adiva

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit