if we don't all unite, we may win a few battles but Watchtower will win the WAR.

by excaliber 116 Replies latest jw friends

• excaliber
    excaliber

I want

to thank you for taking the time to read this, because I feel that it is extremely important. Over the years we have been waring against The Watchtower, and our battle field has been the internet.And we have been very successful in establishing discussion forums and online resorces exposing false teachings and we have used YouTube to further shed light on The Watchtower, We have even written books to this end.

Yes we have attacked watchtower at its weakest point, THE INTERNET And we have been able to do this as small groups and even individualy. Like a city leaving a town completely unguarded, The internet has been left unguarded by The watchtower, witnesses were just told to stay away from it.

However this is changing, The Watchtower is starting to establish a stronger presence on the internet with discussion groups of there own. When The Watchtower desides to take a more aggressive approach and instead of being passive about the internet, starts training witnesses on how to use the internet to not only preach but combat us. Our largest and most succesful campaign against The Watchtower will come to a screeching hult!

The illistration I used comparing the internet to a completely unguarded town, will soon be more accurately described as a town surrounded by tanks and a full army.

For that reason I think it is important for us to come together as one and war against Watchtower and any organization that abuses its power and tries to silence its victims through shunning or any other means.

Yes not as individuals or small groups of seperate internet forums but as one group.

It does not matter what denomination we have chosen, we know God does not approve of the watchtower and it is our duty to stop this organization from victimizing people who are sincerely searching for truth. If you are atheist your logic and reason should cause you to want to join together and fight this organization that forces religion on people with the threat of disfellowshiping. There are a lot of exJW groups out there but wouldnt it be worth putting small differences aside for the greater good? Would it not be more effective to war against watchtower as one instead of sma groups? Let us discuss ways that we can act as one

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Aww that's cute.

Look, I admire your spirit and if you feel you need to do something I may even support you but PLEASE, no talk of acting as ONE GROUP! And for what it's worth, I am not at war with the Watchtower - I try not to give a shit about them. I AM in a struggle to free the family I love and to assist any Jehovah's Witnesses who wish to leave that high control group.

Please keep posting excalibur, and welcome to JWN

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

You cannot fight fire with fire.

The individual action is what will destroy the WT and every other authoritarian system.

The WT survives on killing individuality.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

.....Herding exJW`s has been tried before..

..............It`s a lot like herding Cats..

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view3/3110576/herding-cats-o.gif

............................................................................ photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi excaliber, I love your passion, however getting exJWs to unite against the WTBTS is like herding cats. Have you ever tried to heard cats?

If you can discover an exJW catnip and can promote a vision that exJWs and non-JWs can support as individuals, then I am in. I tried to promote on JWN about writing/petitioning the U.S. government to add additional requirements for non-profit organizations to the tax codes in the thread: URGENT: Please Sign White House Petition to "Protect Americans from Dangerous Cults: Modify USC Title 26 § 501 Tax Exemption Requirements" and It's Back! . . . Round 2.. The reaction that I got from exJWs was not pretty.

I'm still convinced that disallowing deductions by JWs if the WTBTS does not comply with tax code requirements is the best way to change the WTBTS (and other dangerous cults) and without compromising the U.S. Constitution.

Best of wishes discovering your vision.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

In the very long run, you may be right. And I appreciate those that try different avenues than the one I am on.

However, I truly believe that a consolidated effort at this time will be viewed by many within the Watchtower ranks as the persecution prophecized. I believe that joining a consolidated effort will hurt many individuals' relations with loved ones (INCLUDING MYSELF).

Good luck herding the cats.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

We are together to be against the WT.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Welcome to JWN.

Brainwashing is extremely hard to combat against. People will get out if they can. I don’t mean to sound crass, but I got the people I cared most about out. I got out 2 generations, my 2 kids and my wife along with myself. I will make sure, when my kids are old enough to understand, that my 2 kids never fall for the lies and deception of the JW’s.

If I lived closer to my mom and sister, perhaps I could work slowly with them getting out, but right now, they are so deep IN that I know it would be an unwinable war.

Right now, I’m satisfied with getting my kids and wife out of that hell.

Hearding cats, love that example.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey Excalibur,

Actually....I am of the same mind as you are. But there are so many classifications of "ex"JW's. Some want to be left alone, many are damaged, a very large amount must remain anonymous in places like this (myself included), and still more have dealt with their exit by coming here for a bit, and then compeltely forgetting about them.

Honestly I didn't even see Roberts post, but I probably would have gone for it. The only real problem would be wether the names would be public, which is I am sure the main concern. The reason CARM and other apologetic ministries are more effective in getting their message out there, is because they are driven by an ideology. In general, this board and its members shun ideology. :)

If you find a way.....I'm in. But it can get ugly.

• Simon
    Simon

We have to be united and all conform to a common belief? What - like we're a religion?

Who will decide what should and shouldn't be done and said? Will we have some sort of 'body' to 'govern' us ... a 'governing body' if you will.

Can you see why it just doesn't work?

People find the group they are most comfortable with and should be allowed to do what they want just as long as they:

1. Do not hurt others

2. Do not presume to speak for everyone

People who imagine they can fight the WTS are, in my opinion, completely deluded but it's part of the healing process to cope with the anger of personal hurt they may have suffered. I know I've probably said the equivalent at some point along the way.

We're just here to heal and share our stories with others and hopefully make informative freely available for people who are looking for it but how do you destroy a religion without destroying some people along the way and does that sound good or make us any better than the WTS? Are all JWs evil and the enemy?

The forum can act as a conduit for people to come together and take action to achieve some goal as has happened many times over the year but mostly it's about sharing experiences and getting support. And you know what? I think that is one of THE most effective way to help people who are ready to leave to know that they are not alone and that we are NOT their enemy but are in fact here to help them.

I don't believe that setting things up to be antagonistic is as effective as showing people that we were like them once and they can be like us, that they can leave and have a happier more successful life and that those who already left don't hate them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit