if we don't all unite, we may win a few battles but Watchtower will win the WAR.

by excaliber 116 Replies latest jw friends

I didn't know we were fighting in a "war." We can unite all day long, but at the end of the day, unification of opposers will have zero effect on a corporation that is known to generate over a billion dollars of revenue per year.

I'll unite with a nice cold one right now, instead.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Ive got my own stinkin problems - not interested. I no longer participate in group activities.

• steve2
    steve2

I presume most posters here are interested in effective communication (I.e., succeeding in motivating Witnesses and their friends to investigate their religious belief). The evidence shows that loud, public protests do not accomplish this. To the contrary, those sorts of protests appear to embolden the Witnesses because of creating a seige mentality. Evidence shows that forums such as JWN are successful in attracting people who are curious about and/ or doubting of the Watchtower's claims. So whilst ekruks and co go on about becoming organized to present a more publically accessible expose, quietly and in a dignified unassuming manner, JWN succeeds.

Thanks ekruks for showing us what mere "Loud" talk accomplishes. Yours is a near perfect recipe for playing into the proud hands of devoted JWs.

What Simon stated has seldom been bettered: when people are ready, they will seek out TTATT. Credit the Witnesses and their friends with some (residual) capacity for independent thought.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

IMO, The ability is not to unite in a orgnization of xjw, but for each xjw to unite within thier own selves the resolve to educate (especially non JWs) on what the WTBTS really is.

The key to really reduce the WTBTS power is to educate the public about them. Each xjw has the ability no matter how seemingly insignifigant, or grand, to help bring the knowladge forward.

Consitantly focusing on the ignorance of the public will do more damage to the WTBTS than any protest, or anything else! Get the potential converts educated FIRST.

• Simon
    Simon

Rather than engage in a war with a foe that you cannot possibly win, it's better to avoid that fight completely.

Trying to fight the WTS head on with media and publicity is doomed to fail. They can outspend us, they have legal teams that can out-litigate us, they have millions of members who can out-work us, they have media departments and a publishing empire.

So why waste the time trying to fight their war on their terms? It's nothing but insane and idiotic to imagine it can possibly succeed*

Instead, we do what they cannot - we connect with people asking questions, we share experiences that they cannot take away or discredit, we show people that there is life beyond and after the WTS experience and that you can leave and be happy.

They have no answer to that other than more of their existing "the end is anytime now" message which as we know they are already abandoning for other reasons. What do they have to counteract the power of empathy and shared experiences and the cameraderie that it brings?

THAT is a war we can win. Hearts and minds of people who are questioning and looking for information, for answers and just some recognition that yes, they have been unfairly treated and this is a common thing that the precious org does. Just one of many reasons that it isn't any spiritual paradise or god-directed organisation.

* note: this is different to specifric individual court cases that are a completely different issue. They can win because they have specific and direct complaints that can be judged under law.

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

Frankly, if we were really motivated to reach the general public before they could be preached to by JWs, we would be going out door-to-door as "Jehovah's Apostates" to give an "anti-witness". I suspect most of us have had enough of door-to-door work in our lifetime already though. Nor do we have 1/100th the level of solidarity as the Witnesses, so as to coordinate the work and agree on the message.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Ekruks..

A lurker on the board who wishes to remain anonymous..

Wants to know..

btw, this thread has me intriged...and i'm dying to know what he did that was so effective:

.............................. photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit