if we don't all unite, we may win a few battles but Watchtower will win the WAR.

by excaliber 116 Replies latest jw friends

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

LOL Outlaw! I didn't even get past 10 minutes of To Verdener on YouTube. Nobody cares about JWs much less ex-JWs.

• ekruks
    ekruks

Goodness sake! You guys are so negative... it's not like anyone ever watched this TV series?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Love

To Verender was interesting to exJWs, but not that accurate, and not a compelling story line for the general public. The story is boring - some religious girl wants to have sex and go to nightclubs; it's about her hating clean Christian morals, which is actually the good thing that drew many to JWs - it's not about the bad, about cult control or the many Biblical teachings are harmful. There is no emotional depth; I felt little sympathy for her - she had to go to the meeting, why are people going to be shocked?

Hardly a deep thriller were conspiracy is discovered in the church. Basically, you form a realistic story about a fictional character that embodies our experiences, and the conspiracy he finds would appeal to the world in general, the mystery and intrigue as the protagonist finds out his world isn't real - many films have a similar plot, i.e. the Adjustment Bureau:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZJ0TP4nTaE

but we just add some JW flavour - something like the Da Vinci code, then work into it the trauma of being a JW, so that people become aware of it.

Have a watch of this... you wouldn't need to be a Japanese concentration camp survivor to watch this or to sympathise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbS_dYEwf2M

It could be a powerful way to encourage sympathy and understanding for those in the cult... if people didn't "persecute" the active JWs, they may not feel so pushed away from the world.

• Stand for Pure Worship
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

It could be a powerful way to encourage sympathy and understanding for those in the cult...

if people didn't "persecute" the active JWs, they may not feel so pushed away from the world.

First..

You`ll have to let people know who JW`s are..

Then you`ll have to explain why they should spend time persecuting them..

In the Real World..JW`s don`t matter..

...........................................................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Violia
    Violia

I agree, see my post on Cedars DA thread. We are now playing by the wts rules. They want us to just leave if we don't' want to be jws and leave them alone. They have always said this, "why dont' they just leave?" Problem is they have our families and friends and many of us have suffered damage that can't be undone.Here is my post:

sigh, I think we are playing by the wts rules, we are playing right into their hands, by their playbook.

We did not used to discourage or condescend to those who wanted to rail against the wts. Now we just give up and encourage others too, and if they don't they are fanatics.. Giving up may be OK for some but not everyone. I swear this is a very different bunch of xjws than when I came along in 02. We had fire and and wanted to see the end of injustice in the Borg. . Now we just give up b/c the wts is a big ORG with deep pockets?

Thank goodness for the Conti's and others like them. So now this board is an xjws board but once you come here we sort of tell you to just forget all the hell they put you through and move on with your life. More and more I feel the influence of the Borg, right here on this board. After all , that is what the Borg has always said" why don't the apostates just LEAVE if they disagree with us?"

Why don't we, b/c they have our families and friends. Has anyone forgotten what they took from all of us"

• Apognophos
    Apognophos

First..

You`ll have to let people know who JW`s are..

Then you`ll have to explain why they should spend time persecuting them..

In the Real World..JW`s don`t matter..

Very true, but this can be done with a touching story. Either the tale of a born-in (basing it in someone's actual life story), or telling a few stories in parallel, showing what various JWs experienced as born-ins or what led them to be converted before they realized what the org was really like. But something like this is pointless to discuss unless someone experienced in film was leading the project.

• Stand for Pure Worship
    Stand for Pure Worship

But something like this is pointless to discuss unless someone experienced in film was leading the project.

Also pointless because not many people would care to watch such of film. Maybe the Hallmark channel or Lifetime will show it. I can't recall who said it on here, but they compared ex-JWs to a box of CDs in an office closet somewhere. That's the truth. Its funny how on this forum people point out how JWs are legends in their own minds. For example the seven trumpet blasts putting the world on notice. It's laugable, I'll agree, but equally humorous if not tragic, are the people on this message board who think the ex-JW cause can become or is legendary. Got news for you, nobody gives rat's tail about ex-JWs. That's not being negative, that's just how, it is.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

My experience with Jayholes, it's just a bunch of narcissists engaging in ambient abuse; backed by narcissistic suppliers who facilitate all the nonsense. The only thing you can control with a narcissist is the availability of narcissistic supply. These people don't change.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Then you`ll have to explain why they should spend time persecuting them.....OUTLAW

Very true, but this can be done with a touching story.....Apognophos

A movie about why JWs should be Persecuted,with a Touching Story?!..

Some Blind Guy wouldn`t take My Magazines.....................Thank you for Helping me Home..

...................So I Killed His Dog!!.........................................A Crazy JW Woman Killed My Dog!..

.......................................................................... photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

I don't really share the opening post's concern. There will always be more anti than pro JW websites on the internet, because the organisation is all about highly centralised control of the 'spiritual food' they slop out.

JW's are a religious equivalent of totalitarian state information control systems, such as seen in China and North Korea, for example, where freedom of expression and exposure to non-state controlled media is restricted or outright not permitted.

Just as there is no tolerance for elders to deviate or embellish the programme of 'spiritual food' provided at the meetings (and this trend has worsened), neither will the organisation ever permit JW's to independently provide 'spiritual food' online. JW.org will always be the only permitted source of spiritual food for JW's.

JW's have and always will be discouraged from debating with apostates in person or out in field service. And so they will always be discouraged from creating independent blogs and website that attempt to refute apostate views because that entails a certain element of research of apostate views and engaging dormant powers of critical thinking. The Watchtower leadership is very well aware of how easily a JW can be turned against the organisation after only being exposed to a small dose of 'apostate' information (for the simple reason that the religion is so easily shown to be riddled with falsehood, historically and presently).

Even totally loyal independent blog's or website's by well meaning JW's will never be sanctioned since it so easy for independent thought to creep in or 'apostates' to infiltrate. We have seen that even the most intelligent and loyal JW apologists who attempt to defend the organisation on this website are quickly left utterly floundering and soon disappear. 99% JW's will not even bother to view such sites out of fear of being exposed to the deadly apostate poison that might shatter their cosy little worldview. It's better to just trash it mentally immediately the slightest sniff of independent thinking is evident.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit