Just out of curiosity, how many elders (current & ex) do we have here?

by mrquik 186 Replies latest jw friends

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

I found this thread fascinating. I was a Lurker a year ago. Now I know the TTATT and could NEVER return.

I am just curious about the current elders listed (XBEHERE, thedog1, pixel, Saltheart Foamfollower, Stand For Pure Worship, His Excellency and Socrateswannabe). Sorry if I do not have all the names. How are you all currently doing? It was difficult for me to fade, I can't imagine what it must be like for you and your families (being Elders).

My Father was an elder (deceased) my entire life. I wonder how happy he was. He always hated JC committes and DF'ing. He was one of the good elders (not too many left nowdays). He probably (if he were alive today) have been set on the back burner like alot of the good ole timers.

Like I said...your stories are facinating to me and I would love to also hear how all the former Elders/MS's and their families are holding up.

We have to remember the Elders/Ex Elders wives too. Life is to Short (pg.6) had a sad story. How many Elders wives feel this way? So much damage has been done. I wonder how she and others like her are doing.

Since my fade (about 2 years) I am finding true happiness and freedom I have never felt in my entire life. No more guilt, judging and watching the incredible hypocrisy.

I wish you all the best!

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Count me, too. Ex-elder of a decade.

• Magnum
    Magnum

Me, too. Ex-elder. Served for a number of years. Many responsiblities.

• cha ching
    cha ching

My husband "Make Lemonade" was an elder from age 27 (?) to 58 (?) and dealt with some of the hardest, weirdest things you have ever heard of all of our married life.... constantly.

Elder's meetings all the time, controversy, KH buildings, RBC's, GB letters, always trying to do what the Bible said... even tho other elders or NY disagreed... Always fighting against the wind. Trying to help people in their personal lives, really, actually doing things. Helping people move, going to the hospital with them, trying to get their kids off drugs, helpling people get into programs, helping marriages... as much as a person can do, if not trained. All of our family were nice people... We all cared. We all helped & cared in so many ways.

But, it did take away a lot of our life together... being an elder takes away time from your kids, your family... and then, who is there for you? Those people you invested so much time in? ... no..... your family... and that's it... and fortunately, our family (my husband, myself, my children & sister) made it out of their grasp, tho we all still are affected by the evil of the WT.... some more than others.

• Ajax
    Ajax

Me too -

Book Study Conductor - remember all that Ohola And Oholiba perversion -whoredom bullshit? Poor Freddy should have had the meds we have now

Literature Slave- used to throw in money just to make the figure balance at monthes end - not much of an accountant

Service Overseer- not bad, i aways loved maps. hated to accompany the reall zealous looneys- couldn't tear them away fron people

Watchtower Conductor - finally did me in, Icould no longer entertain comments about crap I didn't believe anymore

Walked away in good standing, just like lots of you are about to do, only we are now going to PREPARE

• stirred but not shaken
    stirred but not shaken

Thought I better add to the tally. Elder for 39 years. Likely because I was a pioneer for about 10 years. Always thought it was a responsibility if you were qualified. I really believed it and felt responsible before Jah. Had a difficult time dealing with some of the traveling overseers who were on power trips or had extreme opinions that felled many a MS or Elder. However did what I could to help all to remain in the "truth" by being good students and balanced. Would still be doing that, if I hadn't started to look for answers so I could understand and teach better. That's when the wheels came off. Have paid an awful price. Lifelong friends and family all shun even though not DFd. My conscience just wouldn't let me go through the motions anymore.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

you can put me in the "ex-elder" catagory as well. Definatly helped wake me up, served about a decade.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

My hubby Balaamsass is also an ex elder. He stepped away to help with my teenage children. He stayed away due to the treatment he received when he tried to properly deal with a pedophile.

• All for show
    All for show

This makes me think of our dinner last night with a close elder friend. He can't stand the BOE... Said he wants to step down, he's overworked and doesn't know his kids anymore.he said their guilting him that most elders who step down fall out of the truth. I had to bite my tongue knowing about all the ex elders on here. Feel bad he is in deep with BS but not aware of TTATT. Not my job to wake him up though, dangerous territory there.

• Giordano
    Giordano

We didn't have the Elder position in the early to mid 1960's. I pioneered where the need was great and held down three positions......... assistant presiding minister, ministry school servant and Bible study servant.....so I would suppose that I would have been considered an Elder but maybe not since I was 19 - 21 when I served.

That's another difference.............. we were ministers, or servants not overseerers. Circuit Servant, District Servant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit