Why does Organic Chemistry prove God's exists?

by KateWild 112 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
  • abiather
    abiather

Bart Belteshassur

No, Buddha was not an atheist. When asked of God, he responded with SILENCE.

As everyone is the offspring of the circumstances/time, so was Buddha!

His purpose was not to teach about the existence of God, but to undo the excesses done by the irreligious in the name of God!

• besty
    besty

@kate

just reading your subject line again - would you agree its a bit ambiguous?

Did you mean to convey:

1 - Why organic chemistry proves Gods exist. <statement>

2 - How does organic chemistry prove Gods exist? <question>

• abiather
    abiather

KateWild

It all boils down to appreciation of the gifts we have received from the Great Gift Giver. One can use it for or against God, and God is least bothered, He continues to sustain both the groups. (Mathew 5:44-48) You cannot make someone love you, appreciate you. It should come from within, self-motivated.

This reminds me of a great singer of all times—K J Jesudas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K._J._Yesudas

He has sung more than 50,000 songs for movies in different languages. He left Catholic Church when they objected him singing devotional songs of other religions, but he did not leave Jesus Christ--he is a close follower of Jesus Christ in practice. In one TV interview, he said: “I have never looked at a woman lustfully in all my life.” (Mathew 5:28)

But most important part of his life is that wherever he goes, to whoever he speaks no matter which function he attends—He starts with the words: “Praise be to Our Supreme God who sustains all of us!”

Abject poverty was his birth-right, but he converted it into the present glory—yet he gives glory to God!

• adamah
    adamah

So setting aside the weak-sauce analogies and appeals to experiences of men who lived a few millenia ago (oh, and an exquisitely ironic photo posted by Perry!), I'm still waiting for Kate to explain how organic chemistry indicates God's existence or has any influence on the probability of their existence...

• KateWild
    KateWild

would you agree its a bit ambiguous?-besty

Yes I do, I am afraid I can be wind-up mechant at times, dear besty, sorry if you are offended. I think cofty got onto me a few threads ago, he is bored of me now and I think he can't be bothered to induldge me anymore. But mainly, I am doing it to help the believing lurkers. I was grateful for Tammy as a lurker.

Kate xx

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Why are you believers so hung-up on one God? If you are going to do the God thing, why not have at least 20 Gods and Goddesses? Gods and Goddesses work much harder for you when they have to compete to stay on the list.

Nothing sharpens their performance more than the threat of redundancy. They have to earn their keep like anyone else. It’s not as though they’re busy creating the world any more. They can’t just swan around in heaven all day eating ambrosia and passing judgment on hard working people. In my day Caesar was never so lenient. Lazy Gods got thrown to the lions!

• adamah
    adamah

The Gladiator said-

Nothing sharpens their performance more than the threat of redundancy. They have to earn their keep like anyone else. It’s not as though they’re busy creating the world any more. They can’t just swan around in heaven all day eating ambrosia and passing judgment on hard working people.

Actually, the Sumerian creation myth dated to 1600 BC (Atrahasis) indicates that the Gods created men to do their work for them, when the minor Gods refused to work and went on strike!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atra-Hasis

Tablet I contains a creation myth about the Sumerian gods Anu, Enlil, and Enki, gods of sky, wind, and water, “when gods were in the ways of men” according to its incipit. Following the Cleromancy (casting of lots), sky is ruled by Anu, earth by Enlil, and the freshwater sea by Enki. Enlil assigned junior divines [6] to do farm labor and maintain the rivers and canals, but after forty years the lesser gods or dingirs rebelled and refused to do strenuous labor. Instead of punishing the rebels, Enki, who is also the kind, wise counselor of the gods, suggested that humans be created to do the work.

The mother goddess Mami is assigned the task of creating humans by shaping clay figurines mixed with the flesh and blood of the slain god Geshtu-E, “a god who had intelligence” (his name means “ear” or “wisdom”). [7] All the gods in turn spit upon the clay. After ten months, a specially made womb breaks open and humans are born.

And when you think about it, the minor gods refused to provide for the needs of their seniors (where sacrifice is a part of worship, to feed the deity), when that's EXACTLY what believers who worship Gods are doing to this day: they're keeping the so-called earthly representatives of the Gods well-fed, via their donations and tithes.

Adam

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Well done adamah We could be on to something here.

We humans have struggled along on our own for too long.

Perhaps we need a - Get Gods Back to Work Campaign.

• adamah
    adamah

Gladiator said-

Perhaps we need a - Get Gods Back to Work Campaign.

LOL!Perhaps modern-day humans should do as the junior gods did in the Atrahasis myth, forming a union to go on strike?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit