Do you frown upon tattoos?

by confusedandalone 81 Replies latest social physical

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

I like them, but they should tell a story be. Getting inked should be earned.

I haven't earn mine yet.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Where can we get tattoos of THE Governing Body? and where would be the appropriate spot on our body to have said tattoos placed?

Just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I got one when I left that has special meaning for me and my family. It’s on my forearm. It’s a constant reminder of the reasons I remain sober.

I have thought about getting more, but I want one that has special meaning before I settle on another. I was 29 when I got my first. I can see people getting them younger having ragrets…

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Adamah -

I see a lot of the memorial here in Denver too. Everywhere. Not sure but I think its primarily the Hispanic culture that does it here, at least the ones I see regularly.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

They can be used to relay a message.

• SadElder
    SadElder

I can only imagine what some of these folks will look like in 20-30 years. Blotched out wrinkled tats and droopy ear holes. Spare me.

Get 'em if you must.

• Bella15
    Bella15

I once interview a yound adult with lots of tatoos and piercing for a position as in-home Caregiver. I didn't know how to break the news to her.

In the middle of the conversation she explained the tatoos to me - she had lost her mother when she was a teenager, I felt so sorry for her, she may not know it but she had tatooed all the pain in her body, she really was covered in tatoos. I try not to be judgmental about tatoos since that day. It was such a sad story.

• NotNew
    NotNew

No! however use with caution.

I have the underside of wrists done with two tattoos each...kanji Symbols.

On one: truth / freedom the other is Wisdon / knowledge

Truth/freedon repesents " the truth will set you free...

Wisdom/Knowledge:information and wisdom=discernment

So if anyone ask what they say/represent I reply....the truth will set me free...however I can't be free without "informatiom-knowledge" then I need the "wisdom" to decren if the information is true or not....at that time I hope I can truely be free...

This is all information...past, present, and future.

They are a reminder to me to Never have my mind controlled by an individual or group (religious or otherwise) again!

SW

• watson
  • BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I don't care for them. Unfortunately, there is a knee-jerk response when I see someone with tatoos - "immature," "poor judgement," "reckless," and "unattractive."

I'm sure they could care less what I think. Fair enough.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit