Do you frown upon tattoos?

by confusedandalone 81 Replies latest social physical

• cofty
    cofty

There has been a growth in the popularity of tattoos in the UK in recent years.

You get what you pay for, too many people get poor quality work. A good tattoo artist isn't cheap.

One of the best tatts I have seen is on my son't left arm, it took 5 x 6 hour sessions and cost him hundreds of pounds. It is awesome!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

People put Tattoos on themselves to attract attention, be it a butterfly or a skull with a knife through it with blood dripping out.

The point is why are these people in need to do such a thing in the first place, insecurity, to fit in with peers ?

Lets be honest its a fad for the young.

To be cool or not to be cool that is the question.

Decades from now those who've Tatted themselves up today are going to look grotesque with Tats on old wrinkly skin.

think about it ... uck ..

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I don't know, Finkel, I've seen ladies at church, older ones, with tattoos and nose piercings, etc.

I love Anthony. On him this works. On some mediocre, average looking WASP? I don't think it would work. The first pic is Anthony before tattoos and the second is the bird across his back:

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I have been around since 1958, so I grew up during the best music decades ever. I love music. For some reason though, Under the Bridge is my top favorite song and this video for it, the offical one, is amazingly magical to me. The song deals with addiction. I think there isn't a person alive who addiction doesn't touch in some way. Anthony is beautiful in this video, especially when he is running towards you, and Anthony is tattooed. He's special though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9llVdMVLGHM

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Hows Anthony going to look when he's in his seventies ?

I think your more sexual attracted to this young male for whom he is now, not the Tat he has on his back.

So only sexual attractive people should get Tats and they should be pre-approved by people with good taste ?

Whats good taste when it comes to Tats ?

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Fink, Anthony isn't that young, he's pushing 50, if he isn't in his 50s already. I think he will still look good, to me anyway, no matter how old he gets. I understand what you're getting at though, some tattoos don't stand the test of time.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" it took 5 x 6 hour sessions and cost him hundreds of pounds." - wwhat is it that he has

Like cofty mentioned it appears you must pay good money for a good tattoo. I doubt it is JUST a fad since I have seen people with tats since I was a kid and they were of all walks of life. In regards to attention, maybe they just like to draw attention to something that is important to them. Just like a necklace with achilds name, a bumper sticker, etc... its just tats are permanent. If someone has something that they like or that means that much to them that they put it on them permanently then people should see it.

As far as getting old, well when someone is in thier 70's and they have a MOM tattoo on thier forearm that is fading I would find it kinda funny

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Finkelstein - using that image reminds me of a discussion I had with an elder when I was 15... I had a girlfriend at school and he told me that messing with a worldly woman would cause me to end up with aids or some other form of deadly disease. THey always use the worst possible example to prove a point... LOL

• Comatose
    Comatose

I got one as I left WT. I'm very glad I did. It's very personal for me. Looks great.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I had a girlfriend at school and he told me that messing with a worldly woman would cause me to end up with aids or

some other form of deadly disease.

Looking at the source of where that statement comes from its not surprising , most JW elders are poorly educated idiots

and they DO want people in control as this gives them a attainable power source for themselves .

One thing that I've noticed is that many JWs are attracted to Tats because they are taken as a point of where they aren't completely controlled.

There's no bible scripture about Tats.

Maybe defiling the flesh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit