Do you frown upon tattoos?

by confusedandalone 81 Replies latest social physical

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am with Cantleave on this, not for me.

But I remember years ago we had a very pretty girl come to the K Hall on lots of occasions, and she gad a wonderfully colourful butterfly tattooed on her back, just below the shoulder, I thought it looked wonderful, and in some way, very sexy !

She explained that she liked it, and didn't give a flying fudge bar what all the "sisters" thought, they used to look at her Tatt with the expression like a Bulldog licking piss off a thistle.

She had a mind of her own that girl, she didn't take up the JW rubbish, bless her, I hope she is doing well today.

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

I love tattoos....got my first when I said goodbye to my old life and started my authentic life.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

They repulse me. Also, they seriously limit job prospects. I don't see this popping up in board rooms. Decorating youself is all right. I don't see the permanence in it. Of course, I am older. Tattoos signal prison gangs to me. I cringe when I see younger people who have no normal skin left. Yes, I recall Woodstock nation and many of the beliefs of my generation when young.

I also don't understand posting so much personal info on FB. Sometimes I feel that my time is up. Maybe as more and more people do it, society will change. When I was younger, I used to put temporary ones on my face. I don't notice that many on college campuses. Secret ones are nice. What if you get fat and loose a lot of weight?

Hey, I wear corporate suits-and like the suits.

• tec
    tec

I like tattoos. I think they can look beautiful and/or cool and/or interesting. Obviously, at the same time, some are not so great.

I used to want one, but would not get one because I would not trust myself to still like the same thing on my body in a year or ten, lol. But I think of them as art on the body... and like all art, some I like and some I don't.

My husband has a few and I would not have a problem if my boys wanted them (as adults).

Someone who has to wear a suit isn't showing his tattoos if he has them anyway... and tattoos are becoming more and more acceptable in other places as more and more people get them, visible or not. A tattoo plastered across your face or around your neck might limit you, lol... but most of the rest are not going to cause any problems for work.

Peace,

tammy

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

I hate suits they repulse me!. You don't see them where I work. Oh and I cringe when I see old people wearing them, trying to look young, embarrassing...Suits are a sign of class distinction and corporate criminals which reminds me of prison gangs. operating out of jails.

Of course I don't believe this. It's just to indicate the judgements that we carry especially as exjws.

The same could be said for dying your hair, beards and on...

• KWJoe
    KWJoe

I work in law enforcement....not a problem as long as they can be covered by uniform

• JeffT
    JeffT

Also, they seriously limit job prospects. I don't see this popping up in board rooms.

You should get out of New York City once in awhile. They are a common sight in Seattle area boardrooms. At this point, tattos and piercings may be seen more often than ties. Nobody thinks anything of it.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

You should get out of New York City once in awhile. They are a common sight in Seattle area boardrooms.

I see a lot of tattoos in NYC and have no problem with them - on other people. I am not the tattoo kind of guy.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

It is a big gamble. I recall when so many men had long hair and facial hair. If tatttoos were easy to remove, there would be no issue. Time will tell.

• chrisuk
    chrisuk

I have a few from my late teens, early 20's and I regret having every single one of them. I think tats looks tacky and they're pretty pointles. An ex of mine from way back is now coverd in them, last time I saw her I didn't know wether to say hello or cross her palm with silver.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit