Do you frown upon tattoos?

by confusedandalone 81 Replies latest social physical

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

If so, why?

I am very interested in hearing from people who really think that people with tattoos are somehow weird or cagey individuals. I would just like to get your outlook on this matter. Today I was in a grocery store and I sawe this guy with his two kids and his wife shopping. They seemed like the avwerage family but I noticed the guy had two sleeves (full arm tattoos. I stopped him and asked if it hurt and he sdaid yes but it was worth it because they sleeves were murals of what was important in his life.

I asked him a few questions about them and he pointed out the portrait of his wife then the tattoos he had as remembrance of the special occasions of his kids birth. The other tattoos were just random things that he really liked but the coloring and artistry was AMAZING. After talking I went down the aisle and this guy in his late 40's I would guess said, "GOOD LUCK TO THAT GUY FINDING A JOB..." and he laughed. I said, "I guess he must be doing ok he is shopping right?" We both laughed and he said, "I just don't understand why people would want to do that to their bodies. ITs just a trend and it is stupid. He then began to talk about it as if it really truly bothered him...

Persioonally I love tattoos, always wabnted some as a kid but obviously JWdum prevented that. I will get some as I like them... at some point just not sure when.

How do you feel about them

• cantleave
    cantleave

I love tattoos - on other people.

• 3dogs1husband
    3dogs1husband

exactly as cantleave said

• Giordano
    Giordano

Sometimes they are distracting, annoying and silly. Like on a recent top Chef show. This one chef had a neck band about six inches around his neck and it was a distraction every time he was being interviewed.

I always liked Mike Tyson's face tattoo but he was a warrior and that seemed a good fit.

When I notice that black design thing disappearing into a ladies pants or shorts leading down to her butt it looks like mold or something is growing there.

On guys or gals you need to be a soldier or biker or gang member. You want to send a massage about who you are or who you stand with. An Ex JW doesn't really have that necessary swagger.

I'd get a good stick-on tattoo and walk around with it for a day or two and see how you feel.

Quick story, a friend of mine had a son who just became a teenager and he wanted his ear pierced, his mother said no the kid persisted, asked his Dad to visit the place where they did the piercing just to check it out. His mother told my friend to be sure and discourage the piercing idea. My friend is really cheap his motto is 'make a buck and save fifty cents'.

He comes back in an hour and the kid has his ears pierced the mother goes ballistic! She starts in on her husband and then stares in shock at his pierced ears.

She's speechless. He says "they had a two for one sale." True story.

Talk to your wife about a two for one sale at the tattoo parlor.

• Londo111
    Londo111

What other people do is none of my business, but I find tatoos unattractive. I suppose it comes down to subjective taste.

• Thoughtless
    Thoughtless

I like tattoos, but I am not sure if I would personally get one due to Christian beliefs as well as professional reasons. I think if they are kept in moderation and out of clean sight (or at least if they could be covered up) that is fine.

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

tattoos are not cool to me.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

" I always liked Mike Tyson's face tattoo but he was a warrior and that seemed a good fit." - I like this

I wonder if it is more of a Western thinking type of thing or if people are really repulsed for valid reason.

It is kind of like my mother saying when she saw men with long hair it made her always think that they were gay. Then she would quickly talk about the scripture that says blah blah blah... of course in American a country founded on "christian beliefs" I wonder if that same kind of thinking is what causes many people to feel this way. I find multiple tattoos very fascinating if they are there for a reason. I like the Pacific Islanders who have them as well. I tells a story. THe scarification of the Africans as well can be very pretty as well.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Disgusting and faddish and mostly ugly, the human skin is similar in color and texture as pig skin.

Not a good substrate for panted art , which a tattoo really is.

There are many reason why people get Tattoos mostly in adolescence to express a conceived unique identity.

Is there emotional and intellectual immaturity involved with this ? ? ?

One thing that can be certain is as the skin ages Tattoos look ugly

and if they are attempted for removal the scaring looks ugly as well.

• confusedandalone
    confusedandalone

Finkelstein - If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit